Random Thoughts....

I wish more cars had auto headlights because I always end up with a dark colored car behind me with no lights on in bad visibility. It pisses me off because I have to work that much harder to keep track of them for when they'll almost inevitably pass me on the right or something stupid.

Aren't daytime running lights mandatory now a days for newish cars, or is it just a US/Kanukian thing?

US/Canada. if it rains, or looks overcast, TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON. Don't rely on the car doing it for you, JUST FLIP THE DAMN SWITCH! SERIOUSLY! ITS NOT GONNA RAPE YOUR DOG. :-|

Ya my dad has a Sprint ST, it's sort of his mid-life crisis. And he's got me seriously looking into motorcycles.

I figure I spend about five to six grand for a decent used 600cc Japanese sport bike. Why wouldn't I spend an extra couple thousand and buy something new with a warranty. Plus Triumphs and naked bikes in general are just soooo much cooler and more unique than the Gixxer crowd we have around here.

And man if I could have it before the Moto GP race in September.

Don't be a Squid. Take a rider course and start with a cheap-ass used bike with a small displacement - then step up to a nice new 600.

You know those "You might be a redneck..." jokes?

I just realized that I accidentally bought this the other day:

http://img237.imageshack.**/img237/9246/shdvfsdjfuk7.jpg

Yeah...

^ They started doing that a few years ago. Instead of raising the price of two quarts of ice cream they just put less in the container and hoped no one would notice.

Customer Service is dying, but not at my local motorcycle shop:

Today I participated in a fantastic group ride up to Bodega Bay and back, but the day didn't start out well. I arrived at Berkeley Honda Yamaha, our start point, only to find that on my way down the zipper for my Tour Master saddlebag had failed! The bag was hanging on by the zipper pull, but it had dropped onto my hot exhaust pipe and melted through to the lining of the bag, leaving a bubbly sticky mess of hot vinyl. I tore the bag off the pipe, but I didn't feel good about doing a long ride if it could happen again - also, I was pissed that my two-week old saddle bag was ruined and would have to be replaced. I took the bag inside and talked to one of the guys, actually, I think he was the same one who sold me the bag in the first place. He didn't even blink an eye - they would replace the bags right there on the spot. I had no receipt but he said, "Don't worry about it, we back up our customers" and less than a minute later they brought a new set of bags out to the lot. As he took the melted bags away, he said he would "have a talk" with the Tour Master rep when he comes in next week.

Now, that was enough to win me over as a repeat customer, but the guy came back. He had noticed that I didn't have any bag supports on my bike. I don't really need them because my small saddlebags rest on the fender support and rear suspension. The bags have nice soft backing, so I'm not worried about the finish. Well, he figured I could use a set anyway so he offered to order me some saddle bag supports for 10% off. I gave him my card and he went to order the parts while we did our pre-ride briefing. He even asked his "detail guy" about the best way to get the melted vinyl off the pipe.

Berkeley Honda Yamaha has certainly earned my repeat business. They could have told me to come back with a receipt and sent me on my way with a faulty bag, but they took care me so I could make my ride. They really went above and beyond by offering me the accessory at a discount for my trouble.

^ They started doing that a few years ago. Instead of raising the price of two quarts of ice cream they just put less in the container and hoped no one would notice.

Customer Service is dying, but not at my local motorcycle shop:

Today I participated in a fantastic group ride up to Bodega Bay and back, but the day didn't start out well. I arrived at Berkeley Honda Yamaha, our start point, only to find that on my way down the zipper for my Tour Master saddlebag had failed! The bag was hanging on by the zipper pull, but it had dropped onto my hot exhaust pipe and melted through to the lining of the bag, leaving a bubbly sticky mess of hot vinyl. I tore the bag off the pipe, but I didn't feel good about doing a long ride if it could happen again - also, I was pissed that my two-week old saddle bag was ruined and would have to be replaced. I took the bag inside and talked to one of the guys, actually, I think he was the same one who sold me the bag in the first place. He didn't even blink an eye - they would replace the bags right there on the spot. I had no receipt but he said, "Don't worry about it, we back up our customers" and less than a minute later they brought a new set of bags out to the lot. As he took the melted bags away, he said he would "have a talk" with the Tour Master rep when he comes in next week.

Now, that was enough to win me over as a repeat customer, but the guy came back. He had noticed that I didn't have any bag supports on my bike. I don't really need them because my small saddlebags rest on the fender support and rear suspension. The bags have nice soft backing, so I'm not worried about the finish. Well, he figured I could use a set anyway so he offered to order me some saddle bag supports for 10% off. I gave him my card and he went to order the parts while we did our pre-ride briefing. He even asked his "detail guy" about the best way to get the melted vinyl off the pipe.

Berkeley Honda Yamaha has certainly earned my repeat business. They could have told me to come back with a receipt and sent me on my way with a faulty bag, but they took care me so I could make my ride. They really went above and beyond by offering me the accessory at a discount for my trouble.

Always makes my day when someone just does a really good job. You have to give those guys credit, they know how to keep a customer happy. If you do anymore purchasing, you should try to do it through him.

Rumor has it that my dear beloved grandmother is going to carry the OLYMPIC TORCH THROUGH SHANGHAI IN MAY. I'm absolutely agape.

Rumor has it that my dear beloved grandmother is going to carry the OLYMPIC TORCH THROUGH SHANGHAI IN MAY. I'm absolutely agape.

You should get her a finalgear t-shirt. Or at least a "cocks buy porsches" one.:p

I hate you. I spent 10 minutes on the level with the two steps and gave up.

You thought that was hard, try this..

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/05/schlectespielen_000.JPG

I bought a $50 Express collared shirt on sale for $16. :cool:

I saw your Facebook status (wondering to myself, "who the hell is this kid?! :lol:) and I gotta say, that is pretty epic. Are you going to the games as well?

Don't be a Squid. Take a rider course and start with a cheap-ass used bike with a small displacement - then step up to a nice new 600.
I know that's what I should do, I've already taken one ABATE course, and intend to take an advanced rider one by the end of summer. Either way I have to fix and sell my Porsche first so it might be a looong time before I even start thinking motorcycle.

I saw your Facebook status (wondering to myself, "who the hell is this kid?! :lol:) and I gotta say, that is pretty epic. Are you going to the games as well?

I fear not, though my dad's going to Shanghai to watch her with the torch.

In other news, I just rickrolled an entire bar thanks to the wonderful medium of karaoke. Never gonna let you down, indeed.