Random Thoughts....

I totally just Rick Rolled our fraternity's formal.

I love DJs who take last-minute requests!

Oh, and Amaretto Sours are God's own nectar. :cool:

Payback's a bitch.

An 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said ,
"Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child! So what do you think about that Doc ?"
The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story.
"I have an older friend , much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry , he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake , he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature. Out of habit he raised his cane , aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'. Miraculously , two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that ?" asked the doctor.
The 86- year-old said , "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver."
The doctor replied , "My point exactly."

So, got to hear the Emergency Broadcast System today. Random snow storms in April call for that sort of thing apparently.

Day started out with a light dusting.
m833ig.jpg

Needed to start heading over to my girlfriends, but it was still only a dusting.
x5scn9.jpg

Dear God,
Need I remind you this is April 18th in a sub arctic circle location?
1zlx3j5.jpg

So, uhh.....it's April right?
2dspklj.jpg

My Volvo after a quick brush down when I was leaving to come home.
et8uvk.jpg

Ok, this is April. This is not supposed to be happening. Rain? Sure. We can do rain right now. Snow? A dusting, sure. 6-8"? :mad:

According to our prime minister

"Rather than pretending that we the politicians of Australia have all the answers, and the truth is, we don't, we are turning now to you, the people of Australia"

"Actors Cate Blanchett and Hugh Jackman, indigenous leaders Pat Dodson and Noel Pearson, economist Ross Garnaut, former defence chief Peter Cosgrove and marathon runner Robert de Castella"

yep real representitive of australia, two actors who don't even live here

(i'm of the belief that the whole summit was a joke anyway, basically they got everyone who already agreed with them to come to a meeting)

Dear God,
Need I remind you this is April 18th in a sub arctic circle location?

<snip>

Ok, this is April. This is not supposed to be happening. Rain? Sure. We can do rain right now. Snow? A dusting, sure. 6-8"? :mad:

Damn Global Warming.

Oh, wait...

Yes, actors, special interest group leaders, academics and a former politician are all really in tune with the average Australian. If your actors, leaders, academics and former politicians are like ours that is....

According to our prime minister

"Rather than pretending that we the politicians of Australia have all the answers, and the truth is, we don't, we are turning now to you, the people of Australia"

"Actors Cate Blanchett and Hugh Jackman, indigenous leaders Pat Dodson and Noel Pearson, economist Ross Garnaut, former defence chief Peter Cosgrove and marathon runner Robert de Castella"

yep real representitive of australia, two actors who don't even live here

(i'm of the belief that the whole summit was a joke anyway, basically they got everyone who already agreed with them to come to a meeting)

i was happy to see Father Chris Riley from Youth off the Streets there. but i'm much the same in opinion of the whole thing, meh. they're writing ideas on butchers paper, reminds me of high school brainstorming.

best highlight was Morris Iemma winning "best tie award" as Bob Carr put it while shaking his hand. i loled.

i was happy to see Father Chris Riley from Youth off the Streets there. but i'm much the same in opinion of the whole thing, meh. they're writing ideas on butchers paper, reminds me of high school brainstorming.

best highlight was Morris Iemma winning "best tie award" as Bob Carr put it while shaking his hand. i loled.

Least we didn't have to see that moron Peter Garret or re-education minister Gillard

Flashbacks - Rage (Aussie music video show, been around since, dunno, the invention of the TV I guess) is seemingly playing all the music I used to go clubbing (and dancing very badly) to... and that makes me realise it was fourteen years ago...

Flashbacks - Rage (Aussie music video show, been around since, dunno, the invention of the TV I guess) is seemingly playing all the music I used to go clubbing (and dancing very badly) to... and that makes me realise it was fourteen years ago...

damn kids get off my lawn?

I think the rick rolling business has gone too far. First it was about leading someone to the video of the song thinking they will find something else. Now it seems that making someone hear the song is considered rick rolling, which is already stretching it far from the original concept. It's simply not funny anymore.. it's ruined now thanks to some silly persons..