Range Rover 2013

Here's something that Brits have apparently never learned: buying a Rangie and worrying about fuel economy should not be attempted as part of the same thought process.

Every additional mile they add per galleon helps their CAFE score in the U.S.

Here's something that Brits have apparently never learned: buying a Rangie and worrying about fuel economy should not be attempted as part of the same thought process.
Still, it'd be nice if there were a market here for the diesel Range Rovers, no? It never fails me how different we are from across the pond... or at the very least, how different the marketing people perceive us to be.

Every additional mile they add per galleon helps their CAFE score in the U.S.

The same principle didn't help the Spanish treasure fleet in the 17th Century, did it?

Something about it is putting me off, maybe it's indeed just the suspension being that low in the pic, still, the greenhouse seems awfull high compared to the body, and it just looks bland, I liked the old one better.

*edit*
Just figured out whats wrong with it, it looks like a minivan.

Let's see here, who would have such an awfull taste in cars they would know everything about minivans? :think:

Bingo!

Paging Rickhamilton! Rickhamilton to the Ranger Rover 2013 thread please. :p

Last edited:

Let's see here, who would have such an awfull taste in cars they would know everything about minivans? :think:

Bingo!

Paging Rickhamilton! Rickhamilton to the Ranger Rover 2013 thread please. :p

Well, unlike Rick, I drove a minivan for years, so will I do?

I don't think it looks like a minivan per se. What it does look like...my first thought when examining the pictures again was, "Mini Countryman, blown up, hood extended, given RR design cues." I can understand why. This shit sells.

My primary test when looking at a Rangie is, can I picture it in dark blue with the Time Team logo on the hood? This one, no. It just looks too fragile.

My primary test when looking at a Rangie is, can I picture it in dark blue with the Time Team logo on the hood? This one, no. It just looks too fragile.
Fairly sure Time Team use Discoveries, although a long time ago the had Defenders.

Either way, the demographic who buy a Range Rover for it's 4x4 ability and rugged styling is rapidly being replaced by the "it's big and expensive and I can put shiny wheels on it" brigade.

Either way, the demographic who buy a Range Rover for it's 4x4 ability and rugged styling is rapidly being replaced by the "it's big and expensive and I can put shiny wheels on it" brigade.

Sadly it's been accelerating in that direction since about 1999 when someone at Land Rover fitted big shiny wheels and said "Bloody hell lads, we can make some money here!"

Something about it is putting me off, maybe it's indeed just the suspension being that low in the pic, still, the greenhouse seems awfull high compared to the body, and it just looks bland, I liked the old one better.

*edit*

Reminds me of a Ford Flex.

flx13_mineralgrey.jpg

The interior looks really nice but I can't help but think that it looks a bit slab-sided. The proportion of the space between the lower and upper lines on the doors seems like a little much.

Can I please have the interior on an old range rover please, this new design seems wrong somehow. I think its the taillights

I see Explorer in the tailights and the front has a bit of a Flex vibe. Overall its not bad....if a bit generic

The front should be more bluff from a design viewpoint. But I'm sure that wouldn't work in this age of pedestrian safety and maximum aerodynamics. Other than the front I quite like it, I can't help but think the little flick on the headlights and taillights is a bit unnecessary though.

Not bad, I think it's going to look much better in person. The interior looks really fancy, but maybe too much bling, they are definitely aiming this at footballers.

I cba to read the whole thread, so if that question already came up, forgive me.

I've read the new model is freakin 420kg (925lbs)!!! lighter, what was the old one made off? Solid Osmium?! :D

The spy pics (without the apostrophe, it's a plural, not a Kia) clearly show a Range Rover. As does the "artist's rendition". No way to tell the details.
He is using the apostrophe to show missing letters which is acceptable.

Looks are nice but I wonder what the suspension travel is - needs to be really large (IMHO) to be good in the rough.

I don't like that Jaguar style gear selector wheel. Also the control button pods on the steering wheel look really wrong to me, and the more I look at that whole steering wheel the less I like it. Also can't figure out how I feel about those DRL strips that come down, across, and loop.

Other than those minor points, I really like the way it looks overall. But then again, I really like the Ford Flex too.