Rarely Sign

Not mine...

Similarly, this is semi-mine (as I drove past it a lot but now just took a screenshot from Apple Maps):
IMG_4604.jpeg

It’s a bit weird, but definitely warranted in this particular situation.

It seems odd that they would rather you come back and turn across oncoming traffic (possibly causing a long queue on the roundabout as you wait for a big enough gap) rather than modify the road to allow you to enter.

It seems odd that they would rather you come back and turn across oncoming traffic (possibly causing a long queue on the roundabout as you wait for a big enough gap) rather than modify the road to allow you to enter.
There’s no space to modify the road in a sensible way. It’s on a hillside (hence the need for nearly parallel roads, the turn is actually much sharper than in the sign) and the main road is usually quiet enough that turning left across it doesn’t pose an issue. The road turning off to the sharp right there also is an access road to a camping site, so I fully support making people with trailers use the roundabout to turn rather than get stuck trying to directly turn right 🙈 (for which they’d also have to swerve into oncoming traffic).
Edit: location https://maps.app.goo.gl/9MTzwDLBb4uDx2cF6?g_st=ic

Last edited: