Rarely Sign

Oh right, artwork as well. Makes an ordinary sign somewhat odd.

AL9nZEUCf83vpZzf9uTMgZTDzFrfaXg1t-i-0J-5Q7cRmrizMtuxZBbs4hXeoMGplnLcY5AbOTW0DeAwT0eBkz3iMdTLmCoX4Af21Ayq82FM87ChOAmAY8FRg32H6Y0pCS4zfBn3UctMSxZTA3ZRbPBoawX4Aw=w908-h1289-no

I saw the little girl's posture as more of a jaunty swagger, and that the sign is more about sassy little demons need to top leading adults by the hand to their deaths, or something.

Not from GIS.

DSC_3564.JPG

IMG_20180507_231409_991.jpg

IMG_20180506_145520_890.jpg

IMG_20190401_101838612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190401_102308313_HDR.jpg

tapatalk_1501644647636.jpeg

Close up:
tapatalk_1501644647636.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a fun one.
bfvTvKs.jpeg

Edit:

Oh, I just thought of another one. Not exactly rare around here, quite common in fact. Enough so that they kinda become background noise. But I don't think I've seen them much anywhere else.

m6ThwmF.jpg

Posted at many bridges in western Germany, these indicate the single/two direction Military Load Classification limits for those bridges, i.e. the maximum weight of military vehicles crossing. Put up in the cold war along strategic routes, they're still there as a little oddity.

Last edited:
This sign combo itself isn't rare at all... bicycles on the left, both ways, pedestrians on the right, no cycling or walking on the road because of construction workers. Fine.

PXL_20220901_153526705.jpg

What makes this rare is the sign combo at the other end:

PXL_20220901_153642475.MP.jpg

:lmao:

The first sign posted by @shad_68 gives me nostalgia. :D It's at the university I attended... I can pinpoint the exact spot where the photo was taken...

@narf: The company that did the constuction zone signage probably only had signs with cycle path left/pedestrian path right as these are 99% of cases. Totally normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't even know it's possible to have that sign the other way around.

Last edited:
The sign posted by @shad_68 gives me nostalgia. :D It's at the university I attended... I can pinpoint the exact spot where the photo was taken...

@narf: The company that did the constuction zone signage probably only had signs with cycle path left/pedestrian path right as these are 99% of cases. Totally normal. I wouldn't be surprised if the didn't even know it's possible to have that sign the other way around.
Coincidentally, the construction zone was at the university I attended :-D

What makes this rare is the sign combo at the other end:
ahemm... let's go german for a bit? :) This Zusatzzeichen (1000-33) doesn't exist anymore. It's been dead for more than 5 years (!) now, despite the fact that it is still often and generously used by construction crews everywhere who have absolutely no idea what they're doing and just put up random signs however the hell they can be bothered. In this particular example I'd actually go with: at least they tried and the result mostly makes sense.

the result mostly makes sense.
...except for sending cyclists into oncoming pedestrian traffic and vice versa 🙈 this being Germany, I'd expect both parties to stick with "this is my side, I'm walking/cycling here because the sign told me to". Right now it's vorlesungsfreie Zeit so hardly any traffic though. Would be interesting come mid-October when tons of Ersties flood the campus.

Are the otters putting new pants on?

While I was sifting through old photos I remembered I spotted the same sign on a ride. At the time I spotted it I didn't think it was an official sign, but now I'm not so sure anymore...

2021-12-05 Enten queren.jpg