Rate TGA Season 1 vs your pre-show expectations.

Rate TGA Season 1 vs your pre-show expectations.

• Total voters

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
We have a poll for everything else, and i think this would be a good indication of our feelings on the show. This is not a thread to tell me how much you hate Rutlege Wood, or why the show isnt as good as top gear UK. Simply rate season 1 against what you expected before the show. Were you pleasantly suprised, was it what you expected, or was it worse.

Please also explain your vote below by explaining what you expected, vs what you got.

------------

My content: I voted "Better", and i came into the show expecting something good. The presenters were great after the first 2 episodes. The car selection was fantastic, and i didnt mind them repeating older segments. I cant wait for season 2.

Last edited:
I thought the show was going to be good, but still need some ironing out. That's pretty much exactly what it was. So I voted for option 2.

First couple episodes were about what I was expecting. Episode 3 and onward it just kept getting better and better.

Voted for option 1

i had high hopes for this show and was very pleased with the results.

Door #2. Pretty much what I expected (decent show with potential to get better, which I thought it did).

The characters simply don't work for me. They are trying too hard to be TGUK, and are doing a poor job.

It was about what I expected (growing pains, but good and worth watching).

I had some pretty low expectations of Top Gear US, but was happy to see that the first season exceeded my expectations, particularly after the third episode. Bring on Season Two! :D

Pretty much the same--was expecting it to be Fifth Gear-on-Speed bad, but after some early growing pains, it turned out to be entirely worthy of the name. Not perfect, but with immense potential.

I also didn't expect it to be very good, I kinda thought they would try to be Clarkson, Hammond and May. Pleasantly surprised however, and even found it a refreshing change. Bring on Season 2 :)

After Top Gear Russia I wasn't really expecting much but I gotta say that TG USA works! Can't wait for the 2nd season... Adam should have a lot more free time since Rescue Me ends in 2011.

The season was better than I thought it would be. I was expecting something like series 1 of TGUK. This was way better than that. You can tell the producers learned a lot in the years in between.

Just as a note for the OP, TGA is generally Top Gear Australia and TG US is usually used for Top Gear America.

Saves any confusion.

I actually like the first season of TG USA...I think they did OK...Look forward to Season 2...

Just as a note for the OP, TGA is generally Top Gear Australia and TG US is usually used for Top Gear America.

Saves any confusion.

Hahahahahahaha.... "top gear australia", thats funny...

This season was about what I expected, started slow and slowly got better and better each week, one thing I would change is to go from a one hour show to an hour and a half to give them more time for news segment and for interview with the weekly guest star. This would drastically enhance the show!