Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 3 5.2%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuieve

For me, it was about 6/10. Moderately amusing at best times, excruciatingly dull at worst times. There wasn't anything new or groundbreaking this series (something like when they tried to launch cars in the space). The car reviews were mediocre and very formulaic. Both specials, while interesting, were kind of empty. The show just hung in there, that's all I can say. I enjoyed TGAmerica a lot more as raw and unpolished it was.

Not going to officially vote, since I haven't seen the entire series (episode 5, parts of episode 2), but what I have seen I would definitely give a solid 8. The only real disappointments for me was the Yeti review, and that they didn't send the Tricolore around the track.

Last edited:
6 - The only thing (very memorable) I can remember from the season is the F40 segment. I enjoyed the first season of TG USA much more.

While this wasn't the best season of Top Gear, I don't know if I'd go that far. I gave it a seven, as there were some quality episodes, but one or two in the middle part of the season kind of dragged it down as a whole. Still though, much better than TGUS season 1, at least in my opinion.

compared to previous seasons (i have not seen Series 2 - 5, yet) this deserves a 5 or 6.
I'll give it a 6 because it began and ended on high notes for me. ^^

Excluding the Middle East Special and the last episode, all the episodes had dud segments (and when each show only has 2 or 3 segments, that is a problem).
Episode 1 - Hammond's Porsche bit was boring predictable repetitive crap
Episode 2 - The Ashes segment was tedious rubbish not even worthy of sticking on youtube
Episode 3 - Clarkson tests 3 hot hatches you cannot buy. Nowhere in the series does he test 3 hot hatches you can buy. He's just jerking us around. If it isn't a car show anymore he might as well test food blenders instead.
Episode 4 - The BMW challenge had no conclusion/climax (it's like the essays/stories I used to write in primary school .. all build up and no end as I'd reached the word limit)
Episode 5 - The snowbine segment was sullied with that pointless bit in the village (setting fire to people etc ffs)

A pretty disappointing series all up. Hollow, with too much budget spent on pyrotechnics etc and expensive challenges and little effort put into the creativity side. Six episodes is also pathetic compared to what they used to do. Yeah, I hear you, quality not quantity blah blah blah .. but this series was neither. It isn't as if they don't have the energy to do more, given all their extracurricular activities. I think they have all just given up and turned their back on the show, which most is ungrateful. It seems to me they are too busy trying to make money on the back of the fame the show has brought them to put any real effort into it.

A pretty disappointing series all up. Hollow, with too much budget spent on pyrotechnics etc and expensive challenges and little effort put into the creativity side. Six episodes is also pathetic compared to what they used to do. Yeah, I hear you, quality not quantity blah blah blah .. but this series was neither. It isn't as if they don't have the energy to do more, given all their extracurricular activities. I think they have all just given up and turned their back on the show, which most is ungrateful. It seems to me they are too busy trying to make money on the back of the fame the show has brought them to put any real effort into it.

I think they're just out of ideas, plain and simple.

About season 16

Pros: Albania trip. F40 vs 959. 288 GTO. Volvo C30 PCP Polestar. The XJ220 engined Transit and it's drag race against the Maloo. Amber Heard interview. Zonda tribute.

Cons: All the other SIARPC, most of the news (specially the ones of the last episode). All the rest of the Ashes thing. The Skoda Yeti review. 911 vs Beetle (why, just why?)

Some things were not that bad but they certainly could'be been better, specially the Jaguar race against the sun and the "snowbine" thing...

I'll be generous and give it a 6 overall

Last edited:
I gave it an optimistic 8, although it should be a 6, now that I get to think of it.
The snowbine tried to be all-time classic top gear ambitious but rubbish stuff, but no. It wasn't: more challenges were needed at an overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.