RBS 6 Nations Rugby 2011

Shirahime

Scottish Borders (Originally from Oldham, Lancs.)
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Celica T-Sport
news-default.gif

http://www.rbs6nations.com

Soooo who's gonna be glued to the telly this year then? :p I know I am!

First match: Wales Vs. England (WOOO!!) Friday 4th February

If the wife lets me - in the old days my club would play in the morning, we'd set the BIG TV up in the bar to watch the England game, have some pies and mash then pick up the other match and it would stay open until last man standing closed up - happy days. Anyone scoring against the French got an ovation - but at the time they had a brilliant attacking team - Blanco et al.

Yeah my house is kinda like that when anyone's playing against Scotland. XD We were absolutely elated when Wales beat them at the Millennium Stadium 31 - 24 last year.

Either way I already got my England replica shirt. ^__^ I just hope we do a bit better this year, run up to the RWC an all.

You know that the history in Scottish schools misses great chunks out of our common heritage too. It emphasis the conflicts - one point to make - who's king took over what country (Clue: King James the 6th)?

Also they are not very good at telling the difference between the Normans and the English either.

Last edited:
Normally can't wait but given the dismal performances by welsh regions so far this year (except the scarlets) I'm not holding out much hope.

You know that the history in Scottish schools misses great chunks out of our common heritage too. It emphasis the conflicts - one point to make - who's king took over what country (Clue: King James the 6th)?

Also they are not very good at telling the difference between the Normans and the English either.

Yeah I know. 2/3rd's of my education is Scottish. I left school, no sorry... I STOPPED going to school when I was 15. Constant aggro from the rest of the students and even the faculty themselves; about my being as English as they come had a lot to do with that decision. As well as not being happy with what I was being taught.

But even so, to say that the Scottish play so much bloody rugby they ain't half shite at it most of the time. XD And yes they do forget it was the good ol' Jock King Jamesy the 6th who started the United Kingdom. Even now they consider themselves Scottish not British before owt else. I've started doing the same now just because I live in this god forsaken country, I'm English first THEN British. Dead proud of where am from, no mistake.

Normally can't wait but given the dismal performances by welsh regions so far this year (except the scarlets) I'm not holding out much hope.

I love the Welsh rugby boys, I really do. Out of all the other teams in the 6 Nations bar England who I support first, Wales come a close second. :) *Family name is Hanmer*

Was there. Entertaining match, pity about the result.

I've tried to get into rugby, but I don't understand all the different types and rules. :(

England gave a good lesson in how to walk through an open door, Italys defence was dire. Wales played a good first half against a non existant scotland, then the second half was just scrappy. Ireland v France was a cracker, could have gone either way though neither team played brilliantly.

Whappeh: The Six Nations is rugby union, the most popular code. Basics are:
  • When passing with your hands ball must always go backwards. Kicks can go forwards.
  • Try is scored by placing the ball down in the area behind the oppositions posts. Worth 5 points. Then have a chance at a conversion, a place kick from directly in line behind the try, worth 2 points.
  • 3 points can be scored by a drop goal (kicking between the posts during play) or a penaty kick (place kick given by opposition foul).
  • Fouls can be of varying severity and will result in a scrum, kick from hand, place kick or you can just run it.

Wikipedia has good articles on it, once you get the basics it is one of the most entertaining field sports to watch. Can be complex to start though, and you will never understand scrums.

I just don't get how there are like 50,000,000 different tournaments. Six Nations, The Sevens, World Cup, etc.

Confusing as shit.

I'll read up on Wikipedia about the rules, though.

I was ELATED when England won against Italy with THAT SCORE but slightly pissed off because instead of being sat in front of the telly watching the match in GLORIOUS HD I was in Morrisons buying cabbage and cough medicine. Go me.

I was even more elated when Wales won against Sweaty Sockland which has now given me fuel to piss off Kenny who sits in my kitchen frequently stinking of silage an sheep shite and eats all our biscuits.

I was ELATED when England won against Italy with THAT SCORE but slightly pissed off because instead of being sat in front of the telly watching the match in GLORIOUS HD I was in Morrisons buying cabbage and cough medicine. Go me.
That's not gone well :(.

Also starting to really get into Rugby, despite not fully understanding the rules. Unfortunately, due to this only being 6 nations and not the RWC, I've found myself cheering for England :rolleyes:.