Autoweek: (Re)announcing the Hooniverse Podcast!

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
I'm co-hosting a podcast! It's myself and Jeff Glucker of Hooniverse fame/infamy and we're talking cars, the glamorous life of the autojourno business, what we're driving this week, and what beers we're frantically swirling down our gullets (not at the same time).

Astute readers may remember - ok, let's face it, nobody - that I was on a Hooniverse podcast ("The Hoonicast") two years ago or so. That was a Skyped-in mess of telephone static with up to 6 boozy guests across the country, all clamoring to talk at the same time about Citroen Amis. ("Is an Ami wagon known as an "Ami With Benefits?") Now, this is professionally produced by The Smoking Tire on actual recording equipment! Here's episode one, conveniently available on ShoutEngine or iTunes. We'll be releasing an episode per week.

Let me know what you think, and whether I do sound like Data from The Goonies. :p

Last edited:
Awesome, I could always use another auto podcast to listen to. Whether you sound like Data (I recall you were on a few episodes of the TST podcast...didn't sound like Data then..) will have to be determined. :p

Damn....I was hoping for a revival of talk about cars, car repair, and-uh, the new puzzler. Still, any car talk on the iWaves is good enough for me.

Definitely a good listen, not that I'm biased or anything :cool:

Enjoyed that, subscribed. :)

Aw, thanks guys :) So far it's just us interviewing our other autojourno friends. But we'll be posting eps regularly per week, so stay tuned. We may have a few REAL GOOD guests on hand...

Great 1st episode! :)

2nd and 3rd episodes are out! The latter is better because I get a mention in it. :lol:

2nd and 3rd episodes are out! The latter is better because I get a mention in it. :lol:

We actually just recorded our 6th episode, which will take some time to edit, but I give a shoutout to CrazyRussian in this one. :p

I need days with more than 24 hours so I can catch up...

We actually just recorded our 6th episode, which will take some time to edit, but I give a shoutout to CrazyRussian in this one. :p
:clarkson:Sweeeeet!

The first episode was REALLY good! :lol:
Hope it keeps getting made, and if you need a far-flung correspondent, look no further. :p

Finally found a time I can sit down and listen to them. Probably driving to Pittsburgh tomorrow. Thats a 10 hour round trip down the monotonous boring Ohio Turnkpike.

Us and The Smoking Tire are currently among the Top 10 automotive podcasts, which is great because we have the same producer, and he deserves to swim in a literal vault of money.

I've never been Top 10 of anything. I never had a MySpace, for example. But it feels pretty good to be popular...so keep downloading, you suckers fans are the best!

Because I don't know how the internet works, I don't really listen to too many podcasts, but I really did enjoy listening to these.

I'm not just saying that, honest. The time doesn't drag mainly due to the presenters sounding like they genuinely get along, and the quick changes between topics keeps things moving nicely. That and it's actually funny.

Good work! I'll keep listening.

Because I don't know how the internet works, I don't really listen to too many podcasts, but I really did enjoy listening to these.

I'm not just saying that, honest. The time doesn't drag mainly due to the presenters sounding like they genuinely get along, and the quick changes between topics keeps things moving nicely. That and it's actually funny.

Good work! I'll keep listening.

I secretly loathe Jeff Glucker. :shifty: Glad you liked it!

The story about how the girls top became undone because of the wind and the guys speculating that it is actually designed to do that had me laughing out loud in the lab. :lol: