Really Old Server status thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Galantti explain it to you. It works, and I kinda get how it works.

@PC: Where is the mentioned elevator-plugin? :D

Sorry, I missed it in the list. It's called Lift, and basically you do the following steps:

1. Create the bottom floor with iron blocks. An elevator can be as small as 1 block or as big as 15 blocks in any shape. Smaller areas will have less lag.
  2. Next create the floor's control panel. On a wall place the following blocks. The signs and buttons must be "over" one of the iron base blocks in this order (from top to bottom):
    -Required sign, leave blank for now
    - Button
    - Optional sign with floor name on second line
    - Iron floor block you just placed.
  3. Create the elevator shaft. To create a new floor platform use glass blocks instead of iron. Like the first floor over one of the glass blocks create the floor interface:
    - Required sign, leave blank for now
    - Button
    - Optional sign with floor name on second line
  4. Make sure the shaft is clear of all obstructions except for floor glass, buttons and signs. Torches are also allowed in the elevator shaft.
  5. To use your elevator right click the sign above the button to select a destination floor. The sign will automatically add the correct information.

I have no fucking idea what all that "fucking with other peoples buildings" is about. I have seen nobody touch any god damn building in the past week.

Then how come there are buildings where i was building stuff?
And another building was completely changed?

Last edited:

If your building spot was not obviously in use, there is not much I can say. If it was, and people changed the building, it's probably because they thought it was one of the many buildings that are being worked on collaboratively. I really don't think we have anyone who would grief intentionally on this server, but I'll be setting up region protection today so you'll be able to prevent anyone else from changing your buildings within a limited area.

Thats why I marked a building site for my ESB, set up signs with and went to bed. Nothing was changed the next day. I still have no damn idea what the hell you are talking about. And neither do the other people I used to play with in the past weeks.

OK, you can now claim a spot with a golden shovel. Everyone gets a small area at first, and gets more as they play. Info is on the bukkit dev page. You can give specific players permissions to edit too.

Oh, I forgot to mention, but if you updated to 1.2.4, I've got good news for you. Simply connect to minecraft.finalgear.com with no port number, and you'll connect to the server.

Edit 1012-03-27:
I updated the server to 1.2.4, so update your clients! Please note that we're not using a port number anymore (although because I'm nice, it still works with the old port number too). The latest Spoutcraft dev builds have pretty shaders. Warning, they make Crysis look easy on your GPU.

Last edited:
That looks awesome, but I would have to remove all the spoutcraft mods and everyone would have to mod their clients, so unless you can persuade the technic folks to add it it the 1.2.4 version of tekkit (whenever that happens), it's not likely to show up on our server.

I could add it to the tekkit server, although I think it would either mean us all manually applying the modloader/modloadermp mods, or mean me rolling our own custom variation of their launcher so we can control the loaded mods.

For anyone who hasn't noticed the blurb on the first post, we've all pretty much switched to playing at least adventure mode on our Tekkit server, which includes IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, RedPower, Forestry, and probably other neat things I haven't discovered yet. It's available at minecraft.finalgear.com:52476, and we have a map. It has no whitelist, and neither Endermen nor Creepers are nerfed, so if you want to protect your stuff, build a golden spade and follow the directions.

I haven't been on in ages, i'm interested to see how much more has been built.

Note that once Tekkit is updated to Minecraft 1.2.5 (or whatever the next version is), I plan to combine the two servers, and keep only one Tekkit world as an adventure world (it may be the one we're currently using, but may well be a new one) and the creative world from the original server.

Status
Not open for further replies.