Really Old Server status thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the whole trusted builder thing on creative, how will that work? And will we have access to worldedit?
Anyone who wants build permissions will ask and if we know them, they will be granted. I don't see any reason not to let people use worldedit.

YO PacketCollision!
would you kindly put dotcmd to permissions on the creative world

Maybe in general.
Nothing is being built in creative, because noone can. The whole asking thing isn't really working, I even put up a sign for it.
The adventure map is now being used the same way as the old one map, which, if I remember correctly, is exactly the opposite of what was intended.

Permissions seem to be working for the creative world.

Currently, the following users are allowed to build: Quiky, PacketCollision, Galantti, Dins0815, dotcmd, ukmatt2000, pangaea1981,bpchaos, captain_70s.
The admins (people who can add users to the builder list): Quiky, PacketCollision, Galantti, Dins0815.

Note that even Admins don't have special privileges on the adventure server. We can't give ourselves free stuff, for example.

Does generally being allowed to build in the creative world allow me to use the super axe of paving? I've been finding that very useful recently, would be a shame to lose it.

WorldEdit is enabled for all capable users in the creative world. The Superaxe with its modes works as well.
Let's see how long that world lasts :D.

Thanks Dins, that's a relief. :)

I've downloaded spoutcraft, but it asks me to update Minecraft, which is already at 1.8.1. Then during the update, it stops at "Looking Up Mirrors" and just says "Download Interrupted". Help?

Can I ask for permission to build? It's been a long time since I logged in and I'd like to finish my underwater palace! Thanks!! ^_^
I've added you to the builders list, but note that you still won't be able to modify the old world. Anyone can modify the adventure world, and only builders can change the creative world.

I've downloaded spoutcraft, but it asks me to update Minecraft, which is already at 1.8.1. Then during the update, it stops at "Looking Up Mirrors" and just says "Download Interrupted". Help?
I'm noticing the same problem. I talked to Afforess, and he said the mirrors are slammed right now. I'm working with them to add a mirror on one of my boxes, but just wait a few hours (or a day) and it should work.

Edit: Afforess made a new version of the launcher (should autoupdate, but if not download again) that can handle things better. It worked for me.

Last edited:
Yeap, that's got it. Thanks! Urgh, haven't play in such a long time

The server has been updated to the recently-released 1.0-compatible Bukkit recommended build. Please let me know what doesn't work, and which additional mods would be enjoyed.

Could I get a copy of the old world?
I really want to finish my houses but have no way of doing it, which makes me sad.

Could I get a copy of the old world?
I really want to finish my houses but have no way of doing it, which makes me sad.

Sure, grab it here (?2Gb). You could also ask me to copy your houses into the new world, if you find a suitable place for them.

but isn't the old world still online? or is it locked as "historical monument of FG glory" ?

but isn't the old world still online? or is it locked as "historical monument of FG glory" ?
It's locked. The decision was made in order to prevent things from getting too spread out. I could unlock it I suppose.

Can't even use minecarts or chests in the old world without a building permission. lol...

Can't even use minecarts or chests in the old world without a building permission. lol...

I enabled editing the old world (I think). Let me know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.