Really Old Server status thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
I've moved us to a new server setup, and am creating a new thread for it. The one is being kept for posterity.

Hello, PacketCollision here, your friendly server admin, taking a minute away from punching blocks to update you on the server. From now on, consider this the official place to find information related to FinalGear's Minecraft server. I will try to keep it updated with server status, currently known bugs, installed mods, and important server commands. Feel free to use this thread to notify me of any problems you're having; I am subscribed to it. Join us in the IRC channel #minecraft on irc.finalgear.com.

We now have two servers, Tekkit, and Creative

Tekkit Server
Address: minecraft.finalgear.com:52476
Mode: Adventure
Version: 1.1, with lots of required mods

Please use the Technic Pack Launcher to connect.

This server is an adventure-mode server with IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, RedstonePower, Forestry, and a bunch of other good stuff. It is our primary server.

Mods
  • Lift - Make a multi-stop lift (or elevator, for the 'muricans).
  • GriefPrevention - Use a gold shovel to claim your land. No one else can build, break, etc. See link for more info.

Creative Server

Note: The server is public but you will have to be added to a trusted list to build in the creative world. Contact PacketCollision or Galantti about being added.

Only the creative world is considered "active". The adventure world "new" will be decommissioned eventually.

Server Status
Currently running craftbukkit++-1.2.4-R0.1
Server address: minecraft.finalgear.com (default port)
The server is compatible with client version 1.2.4
Spoutcraft is highly recommended

I highly recommend you use the Spoutcraft launcher (or the .app for OS X, or the .jar for Linux) with our server. It keeps a separate copy of minecraft that will not get updated until we're ready, and it has many improvements. Several mods we are using on the server are either enhanced by or require Spoutcraft, but for now, if you want to use Spoutcraft on the server, you'll have to choose "development builds" from the options menu of the launcher.

Issues
  • Custom blocks look like regular blocks when you go away and come back. This is a known bug and is only a visual glitch. It will be fixed soon hopefully, and all existing custom blocks will then show up properly.
  • It's not an issue per se, but the nether-portal linking algorithm is monumentally stupid.

Mods
  • xWarp - Allows players to warp to various locations.
  • FluidDispensers - Dispense water/lava controlled by redstone.
  • Growbie - Bonemeal grows biome-appropriate trees, works on other plants.
  • SpawnerEXP - Lets you craft and place mob spawners.
  • DiveCraft - Use helmets to last longer under water. Sugar powered!
  • Multiverse - Full multi-world system, including Nether and multiple regular worlds!
  • LazyRoad - Build fancy roads/bridges simply by walking. Enabled for builders in Creative.
  • WorldEdit - Fancy editing tools; enabled for builders in Creative.
  • VeryStickyPistons - Makes Sticky Pistons hold on to their adjacent block even when they are moved by other pistons.
  • LWC - Protect your chests from others (also works with doors and trapdoors).
  • Lift - Make a multi-stop lift (or elevator, for the 'muricans).
  • GriefPrevention - Use a gold shovel to claim your land. No one else can build, break, etc. See link for more info.

Mods that require Spoutcraft
  • StainedGlass - Different glass colors, vanilla clients see regular glass.
  • PaintedBlocks - Colored versions of regular blocks. Vanilla clients see uncolored versions.
  • CustomSlabs - Additional Slab blocks. Vanilla clients see stone slabs.
  • Pavement - Adds Pavement and PavementSlab, which make you run faster. Vanilla clients will see stone and not speed up.

Rendered Map:
We have a map available here: http://minecraft.finalgear.com/new/ It is updated every 10 minutes. Player locations are updated continuously.
The regular map software hasn't been updated for 1.2. I've enabled Dynmap, which is more powerful, but harder on the server. If it doesn't cause problems, we'll just switch to it permanently: http://minecraft.finalgear.com/dyn

You are welcome to suggest other things to be installed/changed. We want this to be fun for everyone.

Last edited:
This thread should only be used for server issues, server configuration, etc. If you want to talk about what someone has built on the server, the game itself, or anything else not specifically related to the server's status, then please use another thread: http://forums.finalgear.com/minecraft/

Last edited:
Nethergate doesn't seem to work.

Just built a portal at /warp farfaraway if anyone wants to test things.

Last edited:
Nethergate doesn't seem to work.

Just built a portal at /warp farfaraway if anyone wants to test things.

Yeah, there are issues with the plugin currently. I disabled it until a working version is released.

There appears to be a problem with people becoming invisible after they've warped.

Minecart launchers are ejecting instead of launching.

Thanks, it appears that there is a bug with ejector signs, where they are triggered by all block types. Afforess has said that he will not be able to look into it until the beginning of next week, and I don't think I'll have time to do it before then either. Hopefully the fix will come soon, but in the mean time you can try just removing the ejector signs. This should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't.

Last edited:
I am going to discontinue the map at static.finalgear.com due to it being a massive time and resource hog.

I'm getting insufficient permissions errors when trying to use pailstone using :command.

I'm getting insufficient permissions errors when trying to use pailstone using :command.

As far as I can tell, all users should have full pailstone permissions. Are you specifying your username on the second line of the sign?

Find me in-game (or in #minecraft) and I'll help you debug it.

I haven't been able to conenct to our server today.
1st i tried @ 5am my time GMT+2.
2nd attempt was 10am my time (about now when this is posted).

Yeah, there's a problem with the server infrastructure somewhere. I'm working on it.
It should be fixed. If DNS doesn't show 216.59.2.20 for you, you can use the IP directly for now. The usual minecraft.finalgear.com address should work for most people already.

Last edited:
seems like my isp's dns won't let me connect to server :p
meh, maybe tomorrow.

(got timeout, bad login etc, maybe minecraft.net error :p )

seems like my isp's dns won't let me connect to server :p
meh, maybe tomorrow.

(got timeout, bad login etc, maybe minecraft.net error :p )
Use the IP. Bad login is a minecraft.net error.

timed out :(

I just tried and it worked fine. If you're using minecraft.finalgear.com can you try using 216.59.2.20 instead? If you continue to have trouble, join #minecraft on the IRC server and ask me for help.

Packet collision, you should put an adress up for the IRC channel too. Cause i forgot to save it an have forgotten, but would be good to have up there anyway :p

Packet collision, you should put an adress up for the IRC channel too. Cause i forgot to save it an have forgotten, but would be good to have up there anyway :p

You mean like this thread does? :p

In case you don't want to hunt all over the forums though, it's irc.finalgear.com and the channel is #minecraft. I'll update the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.