Really Old Server status thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder not to update to 1.8 if you want to play on the FG server. We will be updating once both Bukkit has a stable version for 1.8.1, and we decide what to do about our current world. If you'd like to play around on 1.8.1 however, you're welcome to try the public test server I made at minecraft.finalgear.com:52476. It's running most (all?) of the mods we run on the main server, but has a new map.

If you forgot to save your 1.7.3 minecraft.jar file, you can get a copy from us.

Last edited:
Who broke the server this time then? When I connect there is just a small square of map, that's all. :(

Who broke the server this time then? When I connect there is just a small square of map, that's all. :(
Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good. I'll see what I can do as soon as I'm at a computer. Hopefully within a couple hours. For now, I've turned off the server to prevent any further damage, but that's the best I can do from my phone.

EDIT: I backed everything up, restarted the server, and it seemed fine. I don't know what the problem was (either the server had trouble sending the data to Matt2000, his client is b0rked, or the server needed a restart), but it appears to be fixed. The server is on, and should stay that way.

Last edited:
Thanks PC, I'll check it tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if it's my client and it did keep taking me back to one of my own warps. I dunno. Thanks again.

I just checked and it was still the same on my client, so I've updated to 1.8 to have a go on the test server. :)

I'm just on the test server now. The portals to the creative and classic worlds work great.

I'm currently stuck in a hole in the main world with no means of getting out because the spawn protection means I can't punch sand out the way.

I'm just on the test server now. The portals to the creative and classic worlds work great.

I'm currently stuck in a hole in the main world with no means of getting out because the spawn protection means I can't punch sand out the way.

I didn't realize we had spawn protection on. I'll log in and teleport you somewhere.

The server has been updated to 1.8.1. I highly recommend you use the Spoutcraft launcher (or the .app for OS X, or the .jar for Linux) with our server. It keeps a separate copy of minecraft that will not get updated until we're ready, and it has many improvements. Several mods we are using on the server are either enhanced by or require Spoutcraft.

There will surely be issues while I work out the kinks of the upgrade. For one thing, I haven't linked in the old worlds yet. It's about 2 hours after my bedtime though, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think the whitelist needs doing again. My friend couldn't get on due to a "Not on Whitelist" message.
That should be fixed. Also, I've linked the old and creative worlds in. Look for the ruined Acropolis.

Ruined Acropolis? That sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out soon!

(I got lost in the test creative server before. =[)

Ruined Acropolis? That sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out soon!

(I got lost in the test creative server before. =[)

Dins made it, it's awesome.

It'll be a bit easier to find your way around once I get the maps working properly. I don't think I'll be able to do it tonight, but maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Oh well I definitely can't wait to see it. (I like those sort of things.)

Also, good to hear. I tried finding the portal to go back but I failed epically after searching for half an hour. I also have been pretty tired lately so that probably didn't help.

I'll probably try it out when the maps are working just in case I get lost again. >:

I have a suggestion, making the old world peaceful so endermen can't grief everything up.

I have a suggestion, making the old world peaceful so endermen can't grief everything up.

Good idea. I'll either do that or nerf them completely on all worlds.

Edit: I disabled most types of griefing on the old world and its Nether, including Endermen, Ghast fireballs, fire, lava, and lighters. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Last edited:
Had to destroy my bed to check again. Spawn is on the village island and should be working for everybody.

Just checked. Fixed for me now. Previous times I died I spawned in the ocean for some reason.
Yeah, that was my fault. Apparently, while the initial spawn point (first time you join) is specified in a config file, the respawn point after death is marked in-world. Luckily, Dins fixed it for me.

So the whole trusted builder thing on creative, how will that work? And will we have access to worldedit?

Status
Not open for further replies.