Reason the US will see less and less super cars over time?

Ghey. :thumbsdown:

Uber ghey.

I was reading on Swedespeed.com the other day a huge thread about a street racing video that got deleted. The author was pissed the mods deleted it and was asking why. Well I guess the mods say they were afriad of lawsuits as a result of an illegal racing accident.

They cited some forum that got sued because one of their members got into a car accident due to street racing. Someone on the plantiffs side got wind the member frequented this forum and the lawyer sued the forum because they "promoted street racing behavior".

I thought this was total BS becuase sites like Streetfire.net thrive off illegal footage.

sometimes .. im glad i live in the civilised part of the world :D
you know how many lawsuits i hear about in one year here?
none...

ohh shure there are lawsuits.. but they have to do with things mutch bigger then car accidents..

Is the EU really less litigious? I know about the Swiss' distaste for cars thanks to Jezza, how about the other member countries?

s the EU really less litigious?

At some point some people in France tried to sue cars-manufacturer because they had crashed or had heavy fines(according to them it was due to the cruise control which strangely went mad most of the time when it was approaching a speed camera ) . but sadly for them it was proved they was nothing wrong with the cruise control and finally it was the turn for the companies to sue the drivers. For 2 or 3 month it was really funny to hear that on the news but now this gambit doesn't work anymore

:lol:

the sad thing is that being a litigious society holds us back in all kinds of ways. If we got rid of the damned laywers we might actually get something done

WARNING: This post is not a toy and should not be used in the bath. Any opinions expressed are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the opnions of FinalGear.com, it's parent or subsidiaries. We have more lawyers than you.

No chance. Generally speaking you could only claim compensation from the cars manufacturer if the car would have been technically flawed.

Another possibility would be if the instructions that came with the car/were given would have been faulty. Which I don't think was the case here

Your best chance would be with the track day organizers. That's what I would go for.

Even if you would get through with this you will never see millions. Compensation is generally rather low over here.

Some examples:

Amputation of the left leg 40.000 ?

Bone fracture of the left arm 4.500 ?

You know sometimes I just hate living here

You should have to sign a "this car is fucking dangerous" agreement before buying it.

Why use common sense when you can use a lawyer?

He signed a waiver. It shouldn't matter if the car was a deathtrap. It shouldn't matter if a wheel came off at 200mph because a guy at Porsche wanted an extra 5 minutes for his lunch, and he burned to death because a marshall decided he'd look at some girls trackside instead of running over. He signed. That's what a waiver is for.

Fin.

GraemeH said:
He signed a waiver. It shouldn't matter if the car was a deathtrap. It shouldn't matter if a wheel came off at 200mph because a guy at Porsche wanted an extra 5 minutes for his lunch, and he burned to death because a marshall decided he'd look at some girls trackside instead of running over. He signed. That's what a waiver is for.

Fin.

Exactly - and it is like this the world over at tracks, you have to sign a form to say everything is your responsability and that the track is in no way liable if anything happens to you.
Frankly I think it's stupid of the families to try to sue anyone they can just for money. The guy would've known what he was doing when he signed and so I'll be really surprised if they win anything out of this.

As for societies. I hate to say it, but the UK is turning into a similar sort of place too. More lawyers than anyone else, and loads of ambulance chasers (most of whom now advertise their 'No win, no fee' services on TV). It really is stupid when a society turns into fear of doing anything for fear of being sued by a couple of people - ruins it for everyone else...

Viper007Bond said:
You should have to sign a "this car is fucking dangerous" agreement before buying it.

What about bundling in free advanced or performance driving lessons with cars more than however much horsepower?

My neighbour got free performance driving lessons here when she bought a new Mazda RX8 last year; which seems like a sensible suggestion.

It's not exactly going to bump up costs - it'd only be about ?100 for an hour or two's lesson at the most, and discounts on cars already cover that and more.

Better idea - you have to do the lesson before your car gets delivered.

monkeymax said:
It really is stupid when a society turns into fear of doing anything for fear of being sued by a couple of people - ruins it for everyone else...

Something like the city of lawyers part of the movie "Interstate 60". :)

teeb said:
Viper007Bond said:

What about bundling in free advanced or performance driving lessons with cars more than however much horsepower?

My neighbour got free performance driving lessons here when she bought a new Mazda RX8 last year; which seems like a sensible suggestion.

It's not exactly going to bump up costs - it'd only be about ?100 for an hour or two's lesson at the most, and discounts on cars already cover that and more.

Better idea - you have to do the lesson before your car gets delivered.

Chevy is actually thinking about requiring new drivers of the Z06 and the upcoming supervette to take driving classes before they can take the vehicle home.

just because you can sue someone doesn't mean you win. most of these crazy lawsuits you hear of are struck down, and not awarded. the rest of the are usually made up. i can technically bring suit against my neighbor for being stinky if i find the right lawyer, however a judge will most likely laugh at me. i technically sued the person, but it was struck down.

Kebab gud said:
funny .. talking about the EU and Switzerland like there the same thing :p
Switzerland is not in the EU .. where im from (norway) is not in the EU

The essence of what I'm asking is Europe, in general. I mentioned the EU because of the trans-national legislation and regulations (such as pedestrian bumpers). Was it really funny?