Reboots: 'To start anew with fresh ideas'

Yeah, I said the same thing, cancelled just as it was getting good, it was never going to win any Emmys but in the end it showed some warmth and potential. Both things that weren't present when the show took itself uber serious.

ANd it resulted in NBC dropping Top Gear US and History Channel picking it up, which, honestly, I'm glad happened. Otherwise, I wouldn't have started watching either the US or UK version (I don't like NBC on principal)

Gone in 60 Seconds was a reboot.
So was The Italian Job.

I thought those were really good. What about you guys?

First one I did enjoy although the critics hated it.

Second one passes the time but Wahlberg is wooden as hell, Edward Norton proved once again that the only role he can play is Edward Norton, and they totally missed the fact that in the original the Minis are always in the correct order ie red, white and blue. :may:

Only Seth Ginger and (and I can't believe I am saying it) Jason Statham made it watchable. Oh, and in case you were wondering while I acknowledge she is technically gorgeous, Charlize Theron just doesn't do it for me.

I don't mind reboots of movies over 20 years old if they are done correctly. I do have an issue with rebooting a show/movie that is only a few years old.

There were some great movies and shows in the past but the younger generation won't watch it cause the special effects and the cinematography aren't what they are use to and the actors are people they don't know and have a hard time relating to them.

+1. Didn't they leave that show in a lurching cliffhanger before abandoning it?

From what I remember, it pretty much wrapped things up, but there were two Bobs, and everyone else was grown up. I think they left it 'open' in the sense of if they renewed the contract they could continue making the show, but the overarching plot had come to an end. I have the hunt that show down just so I can spend a weekend in a nostalgia binge.

Be sure to check out the latest fan fiction at: www,geocities.com/Area51/4567

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing a "Blake's 7" reboot? (Done properly, of course.)

Of course, if you reboot "Blake's 7", you're going to have some idiots saying, "They're just ripping off "Firefly" or something stupid like that. Like the morons on IMDB claiming that Fantastic Four was ripping off The Incredibles. :idiot:

I don't mind reboots of movies over 20 years old.

*laughs* That made me giggle. They would have to be way older than that. Movies from 1991 don't need to be remade yet. Hell, an actor that was 19 is now 39. The way some people age, you could use the same actors and noone would know it was a remake.

*laughs* That made me giggle. They would have to be way older than that. Movies from 1991 don't need to be remade yet. Hell, an actor that was 19 is now 39. The way some people age, you could use the same actors and noone would know it was a remake.

What? Don't you want to see a remake of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey? That would be totally non-non-non-non-heinous. There's also Backdraft, Drop Dead Fred (apparently there is a remake in the works for this one), Ernest Scared Stupid, The Godfather Part III, Hook, Hot Shots, Hudson Hawk, The Rocketeer, Silence of the Lambs, Thelma and Louise, and What About Bob? Oh, also Sgt Kabukiman, NYPD was released in 1991. Why would anyone not want to see these movies "updated" to current Hollywood standards?

I for one have higher "standards" than Hollywood of today apparently has, and would murder anyone who would remake Hudson Hawk.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing a "Blake's 7" reboot? (Done properly, of course.)

Of course, if you reboot "Blake's 7", you're going to have some idiots saying, "They're just ripping off "Firefly" or something stupid like that. Like the morons on IMDB claiming that Fantastic Four was ripping off The Incredibles. :idiot:

Well Blake's 7 was very different from Firefly, only similar that it had a bunch of rebels. As for a reboot. There's been talk of a Blake's 7 reboot for years now. It did look like it was happening at one point all to just fall apart. The thing that works most in its favor is that obviously you've got Doctor Who back and a massive success. in that time BBC has produced a lot more saturday evening shows like Robin Hood and Merlin, so they'd obviously look for something else at some point. especially now that Robin Hood has come to a end. Blakes 7 does seem the most likely of them to get the go ahead and i would like to see it come back.
It got a lot of stick for having dodgy actors and bad sets. But it had what a lot of the old Doctor Who had with stories and a kind of spirit that made it good despite all the badness.

Hook, Hot Shots, The Rocketeer,

If anyone remakes those movies, they should be shot on sight, they are all classics and DO NOT need a remake

Anyways, right now they're filming the newest Superman movie about 3 blocks from my house, there's a huge crowd watching but I could care less, Hollywood blows.

The bombcast said if they remade Back to the Future, Hollywood would make Shia Labeouf, Marty.

They also said they should remake Overboard, with Kate Hudson and Kurt Russell. :lol:

The bombcast said if they remade Back to the Future, Hollywood would make Shia Labeouf, Marty.

Hang on a minute.....*rumbles through stuff* ......dammit, anyone have a spare nuke I can borrow?

Hang on a minute.....*rumbles through stuff* ......dammit, anyone have a spare nuke I can borrow?

The sad thing is, if you think about it. Who else would it be?
Lets hope a remake never happens either way.

The sad thing is, if you think about it. Who else would it be?
Lets hope a remake never happens either way.

They could always use Michael Cera, for better or worse. For just plain worse they'll use Ashton Kutcher.

A light hearted time travel movie could be fun, but I wouldn't want them to remake Back to the Future, though I could easily see Universal Pictures wanting to use the marque to boost box office sales.

Remaking BTTF is just stupid, the first one is pretty much perfect as is.... Fox IS Marty, just like Harisson Ford is Indiana Jones and Arnold is the Terminator.
Besides that nothing on BTTF looks dated, they take part in the 50's and the old West! Even the future from BTTF 2 still looks good today.

Only real reason they would have for remaking it is money.

That's why I said, I could see Universal taking a "movie about time travel" and just slapping the Back to the Future name on it. I didn't say I would condone it.

The Flight of the Phoenix 1964 with Jimmy Stewart great acting!
Reboot
Flight of the Phoenix great visual effects.
In this case I think Hollywood crafted a great updated version of the story but let?s face it how do you replace Jimmy Stewart, ain?t going to happen.