Recapturing old ep's of Top Gear

AML

aka Aston Martin Lagonda
This thought still sits in my mind.
OK, TG is finished, until may 2006, so in the meantime can VUK recapture some old top gear episodes, because as far as I can work out there are no good avi rips of the early series (1-3), and the quality of series 4-5 rips isn't brilliant either.
My point is that VUK's rips are brilliant quality these days, so can he capture old top gear ep's if they reair in TV?
I know that uploading 350 MB can be boring but as an example i've never watched older tg eps than 9 May 2004.
Just think about it, It'll be nice if all tg eps will be in a good quality. :roll:

Your obviously not a regular but every single episode of TG (except 2) are available in medium quality resolution EG: 350mb.

The lowest quality was those S4-5 rips which are about 300MB but they are good enough IMO.

Check the Video Offers section of the forum and look at the FTP's for those files ;)

hmm, thanks for the help, I'm gonna check this, so for the meantime my question is hanged

Now, if only someone could find decent quality version of those two missing episodes. JW= t3h suck.

I don't know why people care so much. Its 2-episodes for christs sake!

^And it's because they are only 2 episodes why we feel that we should complete the good quality collection.
It's such a small thing that it's an itch we have to scratch. :D

I'm sure it's the "gatherer" part of the hunter/gatherer in us. :p

To be technical, it's more that just 2 episodes if you consider that some of the 350MB versions have some things cut and don't have the right music. ;)

Speaking of old episodes, I've recently noticed there's no season 2 on the Internet (i.e bittorrent). And I feel slightly guilty for missing these eps. Is there any way of redeeming myself?

vladmitu said:
^And it's because they are only 2 episodes why we feel that we should complete the good quality collection.
It's such a small thing that it's an itch we have to scratch. :D
Yes, I'm with you, these two eps are spoiling the series :thumbsdown:, and one ep in the series two have those ugly subtitles, blah.

To be technical, it's more that just 2 episodes if you consider that some of the 350MB versions have some things cut and don't have the right music.
Hmmm, I've noticed that there isn't any news, are they cut out or something? :(

Those are reruns on BBC Prime, so they cut out the news because it was not uptodate anymore, same goes for restoration rip-off and best car vote

PogotheMonkey said:
so they cut out the news because it was not uptodate anymore
Crap! :x
Not update anymore, so what, a very big minus to BBC form me. :thumbsdown:

But thats not the most important bit, can somebody recapture these ruined episodes? (s1 - e3,e4) (s2 - e2)

Btw, season 3, 4 & 5 are all available in 350 mb on emule ..

Hope some tv network buys those old eps and show them on tv

So for the moment nobody reruns the old TG's? :unsure:

i think theyre re-run in NZ... but im not certain... i watched series 6 when i was there :thumbsup:

PogotheMonkey said:
Those are reruns on BBC Prime, so they cut out the news because it was not uptodate anymore, same goes for restoration rip-off and best car vote
No they don't. I have BBC Prime episodes and they are approximatly 53-minutes long each (give or take a minute). All that is cut out is the segment in which you must vote for something. I have the news segments in all my BBC Prime rips.

I couldn't live without the News.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
PogotheMonkey said:
No they don't. I have BBC Prime episodes and they are approximatly 53-minutes long each (give or take a minute). All that is cut out is the segment in which you must vote for something. I have the news segments in all my BBC Prime rips.

I couldn't live without the News.
You're both right (sort of). :lol:
I know it varies from episode to episode, but I know of a few instances where the BBC prime's news segments had a significant part of it cut out.

there has to be someone that made the same quality rips of 1x03 and 1x04. it makes no sense that whoever did the good rips of seasons 1-3 would just randomly not do those 2 eps, but do every single other one. they have to be out there.... somewhere.... :think: