Reccomend Me A Good Wireless Mouse

Polygon

Car(s)
LeBaron GTC, Stealth R/T TT, N-SRT-4
I currently have a G7 and I really liked it until it would intermittently stop working and I would have to unplug it and plug it back in and it has gotten so annoying that I don't even really use my desktop anymore.

I'm just looking for a good wireless mouse. I would just get a G5 but I don't want a corded moue. Also, this mouse needs to be good for gaming.

Logitech MX Revolution is the best mouse in the world. I have it, I love it.

I vote wired. If you get a good mouse, you won't even notice it's wired (my G5 for example).

Thing is, the MX1100 is so good, you don't even notice it's wireless! :lol:

On the fly DPI change is good for gaming too but don't just take my word for it... Gizmodo voted it their favourite mouse ever. :)

[edit] To address their only concern about it using AA batteries - The only reason most people scrapped their MX1000s (and Revo owners have this to look forward to) is that the battery packs die after about 3 years.
I use a good set of rechargeables in mine and get 3 - 6 months out of them easily between charges.

[edit2] Looks like there might be a couple more options in the offing - I don't have any experience of these, so I'll stand by my recommendation.

Last edited:
Begging to differ... MX1100 fan here (speaking as an owner of an MX1000, MX Revolution and MX1100).

Got both the MX1000 and MX1100, absolutely love them to bits!! It has exceeded my expectation in so many aspects, and I was expecting lots from them.

However, they are not designed for games. You will be disappointed if you are a real hardcore FPS gamer that requires super sensitive feedback (old school cs 1.6 or q3 player) like me, wireless mouse is not made for serious FPS games. Most performance gaming mouse out there are all wired for a reason. But if you are just a casual FPS / non-FPS gamer, then by all means, go for the Logitech MX series. They are pretty much the best mouse money can buy.

url

/thread.

I have this as well as a G5. The G5 is better for gaming, but for everything else the MX Revolution kills it.

I do like the G5, but they way my desk is it would look stupid to have that one wire stringing across the desk. I like the Revolution and I love the MX1100 as it looks a lot like the Revolution at half the price. Far as I can tell it just doesn't have the extra scroll wheel and battery pack. I don't mind that and I can just use lithium AAs in it. They also seem to have the same DPI rating.

I do like the G5, but they way my desk is it would look stupid to have that one wire stringing across the desk. I like the Revolution and I love the MX1100 as it looks a lot like the Revolution at half the price. Far as I can tell it just doesn't have the extra scroll wheel and battery pack. I don't mind that and I can just use lithium AAs in it. They also seem to have the same DPI rating.

Seem to recall the Revo was 800dpi and the 1100 was 1600dpi.
Didn't check though, so could be wrong.

Oh and that 2nd scroll wheel isn't a true wheel really. Might as well be a rocker switch. :p

i have just got a gigabyte gm m8000 and even if i cant game with it at the moment( my laptop is pure shit, still have some piece missing for my desktop) i like it alot. Come with 38g of added weight ( 1 20g and 3 6 g) Have 4 dpi setting with a quick dpi change button on the mouse. Can go up to 4600 dpi and can have 3 different profile that can be changed on the fly with a button on the mouse that is placed nicely where you wont hit it by accident. And wired mean you dont have to worry about some damm AA batteries. All that for 50$ cdn duck.

I'd say just get one that fits nicely into the palm of your hand, I never see any difference between optical, laser, big DPI, etc. But maybe that's just me.

I finally replaced my ageing (and beloved) Logitech MX 1000 a month and a half ago, after using it non-stop for 5+ years, and I have to say, the Revolution MX is even better. The controllable scroll wheel is amazing and the look and feel are both great. The only downside is that unlike the MX 1000, the receiver is in a tiny USB stick thing, not in the charging station, so if your computer is really far from your monitor (or inside a metal cabinet or something), you might have to invest in a hub or USB extension cable to make sure it has a good signal.

I vote wired. If you get a good mouse, you won't even notice it's wired (my G5 for example).

this x a million
Plus you never need to charge it, batteries won't wear out, etc

I only use a wireless mouse when you don't have a lot of desk space or when you're on the move (touchpads FTL)

and for big dpi, in gaming it does make a big difference for the precision but it can be also useful in normal task, i see a big difference between my lowest dpi setting and the highest setting.

Another vote for MX1100. I love mine.

The Performance MX seems to be about the same thing but with the Darkfield sensor, or whatever it's called.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I do use my MX1100 for games. I don't know that I would really want anything more sensitive. It can do up to 1600dpi, FWIW.

Last edited:
I AM a hardcore gamer, especially fast paced FPS games and I have no problems with the MX Revolution. Whachutalkinboutwillis?

Yeah, go logitech, they seem to be the only company that make decent mice. I have a VX nano receiver one or something (just one of the fairly standard cordless ones) and it is brilliant. I have dropped it that many times but it still keeps going. I also use it for ~2hrs a day and I've only had to change the batteries twice in the year and a bit I have owned it.

The only gripe I have with Logitech is that they don't make all their really hardcore mice (like the MX revolution) for lefties. I know a lot of people don't see the point of using a mouse left-handed, but when you are left-hand dominant for almost everything else, it just makes sense. They are kind of losing out on a portion of their market there.