Recognition of Final Gear by Top Gear production team

"Norway's BBC" (NRK) actually shows 25 min. episodes :p They are cut weird, and feels incomplete. No guests, and no news :p Seams like random car-tests are put together from different eps. Strange.

Anyway.. Thanks for a great site and a great show!

I wonder if he posts....

there's also a nice cosy feeling that the executive producer of one of the most pirated TV shows on the planet comes to the forums of the site that does much of the distribution and we're still active.

I think this site may have to be renamed BBC motoring focus group :p

I've noticed the beeb seem to have a policy of turning a blind eye to torrents of shows that aren't available to buy commercially.

Things might change when the iPlayer launches worldwide commercially (selling BBC shows) or if they EVER (please god!) get around to launching full series DVDs.

Things might change when the iPlayer launches worldwide commercially (selling BBC shows) or if they EVER (please god!) get around to launching full series DVDs.

Andy if you are reading this please, please, PLEASE we want DVDs. I will pay 100? + shipping to the U.S. per season. Viper/VUK are saints for doing what they do, but having high quality DVDs with some goodies would be phenomenally awesome. I realize it's not up to you in the end, but fight for it for us!

Andy if you are reading this please, please, PLEASE we want DVDs. I will pay 100? + shipping to the U.S. per season. Viper/VUK are saints for doing what they do, but having high quality DVDs with some goodies would be phenomenally awesome. I realize it's not up to you in the end, but fight for it for us!

I don't know about ?100+! Thats REALLY expensive.

Plus they'd have to work in our DVD players? Aren't Euro/Rest of the World DVDs different then the ones we get here?

I don't know about ?100+! Thats REALLY expensive.

Plus they'd have to work in our DVD players? Aren't Euro/Rest of the World DVDs different then the ones we get here?

Yes, sadly. Unless you buy a non-regional player or whatever its called.

I think we can stop with the "Andy, please do this! Please do that!"

He's just one man, unless we get more of the team on here it will be tough for him to single handedly give us Top Gear DVDs, bring Top Gear to the US, and take all of our suggestions.

So I have a request of my own: Andy, get the whole Top Gear crew on FinalGear! 8)

I find it strangely amusing that Andy Wilman has been unwittingly subjected to my ranting and raving just by logging onto this site. Poor bastard.

I find it strangely amusing that Andy Wilman has been unwittingly subjected to my ranting and raving just by logging onto this site. Poor bastard.

I find it strangely amusing that your sole concern lies with Andy Wilman. What about the 14428 other FG members who have to endure your constant ranting and raving? :p

:wave: :wave: :wave: Hi Andy.

It's good to see the makers of the show look into input from fans. Keep up the good work!:)

Aren't Euro/Rest of the World DVDs different then the ones we get here?
Point of information :
FWIW US media moguls scared of loss of control and income forced on the manufacturers of DVD players and recorders (in the agreed standard) that there would be regional encoding. The fear was that the rest of the world would get stuff at cheap prices from the US before it was released into these territories. Also (but a by the way) we have different TV standards, the three main ones being PAL (UK, OZ & Germany), SECAM (France and Russia) and NTSC (US, Japan & Canada), so to fully play a DVD you have to have a DVD with a Region coding that matches your Player, and that has an out put stage that matches your TV standard. Upshot, all my DVDs players will play any region because when I buy them I make sure that they have this capability or can be hacked - plenty of codes available on the internet. I have software/Firmware patches that allow this to happen on the PC too. All my TVs are at least NTSC and PAL capable and some of my standalone DVD players have switchable output stages so I can have either NTSC or PAL too. I can play anything from anywhere. Now you being in NA probably thought that you'd not want to play anything from anywhere else in the world so your TV will be NTSC only, your DVD player will be region locked to Region 1 (NA) and the output stage of your stand alone DVD player will only be NTSC unless you are aware of the issues and take care to resolve them at time of purchase. Now with the switchover to digital this could be a whole new world.

I think we can stop with the "Andy, please do this! Please do that!"

I have this horrible feeling that this will somewhat change the forum now we're sorta self aware, and we'll get loads of people going you really should do this, and so on and so forth. I think a single bin ... I mean thread for what you would do differently or what you want to see should be made and then if anyone wanted to read them they know where to read it, and if they want to ignore it, then it's all the easier - that way we can keep it out of the review threads.

interesting thread poking up in the related links....

http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=11755

And I thought the guy was bullshitting.

Yeah crazy, he's been reading the site for a while then.

As for this changing the site, eh. It's not like people haven't said before that they would do things differently. I've never really been hard on top gear, cause even the most boring bits are far more entertaining than anything on TV here. :p Hopefully the forum might think a little more before they type and things will be cleaner and easier to read.......pfft, right. :rolleyes: :lol:

I second the DVD idea, but 100 pounds a season is a lot, maybe like 50-70 would be good for us US folks (sorry our money is a bit worhtless as of late :p ). I really want DVD's cause I want to support this show I love so much. :D

Just a shame no one from the show could supply us with Hammond's head size for his helmet when we needed it, or a delivery address...

I got an address- gave it to FBC

Congrats

Congrats

Well I guess a big congrats is in order for the hard work of the final gear crew. Way to go guys 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Grats to Viper for his efforts, VUK for his efforts. I found this site a while back while trying to desperately searching for TopGear on TorrentSpy. Really a great site to get my hands on the best show EVAR!!:)

All the TG guys and gals out there. Keep doing what you do. We all enjoy your show and want to see more... except Clarkson... man lighten up. :lol:

I've noticed the beeb seem to have a policy of turning a blind eye to torrents of shows that aren't available to buy commercially.

That would rock. :)

Good to see that you guy's are getting some recognition, keep up the good work top gear team and....

test the holden commodore D: