Recognition of Final Gear by Top Gear production team

That's great, getting recognised by none other then the TG producer himself!!

I love TG, and since i stumbled upon it I have been a follower :)

anyway, never took the oportunity to thank Viper and VUK and everybody envolved in making FG! I got the eps from a friend but I really like this forum and I spend most of my online time here:)

Congrats to everyone and a big THANK YOU!!

Yeah I still remember passing the download links via PM in various forums....that was a fun time ;)

Congrats all and credit especially to Viper and VUK. As a latecomer (who has no idea what your talking about concerning the old site) I'm glad I can be part of it. I anticipate a flood of new people is probably on the way. As for how BBC would view this site:

They wouldn't be too pleased about the downloading - but if they ever did get around to making DVDs and selling them abroad they would make loads of cash, particularly in the US, and it would be an interesting case study to the merits of this kind of file sharing. Plus considering our polls and whatnot - you couldn't get a better feedback forum. Think about all the money we can save them in test audiences and market research.

I think this site is something pretty special.

I have been here a LOOONG time, too. I remember the days of contributing cash for the site. Man. What a long way it's come!

Who ppl on here picky???..LOL

remember when I asked, I wonder what he thinks of us stealing his show. I think this latest episode is pay back for stealing

[tinfoil hat]Absolutely![/tinfoil hat]

Has it ever occurred to you that the Brits may possibly eventually maybe enjoy taking the piss out of the US?

[tinfoil hat]Absolutely![/tinfoil hat]

Has it ever occurred to you that the Brits may possibly eventually maybe enjoy taking the piss out of the US?

General Jezza Cornwallis?

He's probably just an unregistered guest, ya know, keeping a low profile. If we found out who he was he'd have a million PMs with people asking for tickets, autographs, or mentions on the show.

Forget the tickets and autographs, what about a job!

If you're reading this thread Andy; Like pizza, even the bad ones are good. It is still the best motoring show in the world.

Viper, Vuk and everyone else, thank you.

Thank God you guys switched from the old save as method to torrents. :D

Oh the pain crashed browsers and lost connections used to cause me. :(

Hello, I'm semi-new here, been lurking around for a couple months. Awesome website, congrats on getting recognition from the TG producer. I've only recently become aware of TG, and I absolutely love the show. What Viper and VUK have given us is a great website centered around a great show(I get the feeling TG is the show most care about). So, again, congrats to Viper and VUK for the awesome website and keep up the good work.

Whatever...now where is Viper007Bond's share of they money? I mean he made so much publicity for you! BBC share the happine$$!

:cool: :viper:

What money kenezzite? Top Gear will get a set budget from the licence fee every series and thats it - all the money it gets goes on producing the shows.

If the BBC was offering a commercial version of Top Gear episodes for people to buy and Viper was linking to these then he would probably be due money as an affiliate but, as great a service as he is providing for our international friends, there is no money for him to have.

They wouldn't be too pleased about the downloading - but if they ever did get around to making DVDs and selling them abroad they would make loads of cash, particularly in the US, and it would be an interesting case study to the merits of this kind of file sharing. Plus considering our polls and whatnot - you couldn't get a better feedback forum. Think about all the money we can save them in test audiences and market research.

Well think of all of the people around the world that have learned about the show thanks to this site. ;) In all honesty, I think we've helped the BBC rather than being a thorn in their site side.

I dunno if the brass see it that way, but I do, heh. :)

Last edited:
Viper I think, and this is my own personal opinion based on what I've read and heard, that the Beeb tend to turn a blind eye to video online for shows they don't sell.

I think you're right to a certain extent that they will see the site as helping to promote TG outside of the UK - however there is another point that it could be making it harder to sell to a US broadcaster (something very difficult to do it seems).

If they were really bothered you would have had requests, letters and demands to remove the torrent links by now (something that 'might' happen if TG is ever sold to a US network, series DVDs are made available or they sell episodes online).

But again just my own personal opinion.

I'm not sure that's true. Look at youtube.

There are two reasons I can think of for You Tube videos being removed.

1) The Beeb are planning to start selling episodes of Top Gear online (not likely yet)
2) They've removed You Tube clips because they're already putting clips of their own on bbc.co.uk/topgear.

oh and probably most likely
3) BBC Worldwide have signed a deal with either You Tube or another video sharing site to allow Top Gear & other BBC clips to be put online legally (in the same way a number of US broadcasters have with You Tube).

Last edited:
I think they've probably recognised that it's so popular that they'd be fighting a losing battle - If I were a beeb top guy, I'd make a business deal with viper and make it so they were distributors of top gear - and give VUK the master tapes of each episode to do high-er quality rips on.

A guy can dream....

I think they've probably recognised that it's so popular that they'd be fighting a losing battle - If I were a beeb top guy, I'd make a business deal with viper and make it so they were distributors of top gear - and give VUK the master tapes of each episode to do high-er quality rips on.

A guy can dream....

That's actually not a bad idea.

If they were to shut down the torrent operations, I would be happy with TG on iTunes. I could handle $2 an episode, if it were good quality.