Recommendations for laptop trip games needed

Hazardous

Car(s)
None :/
As the thread title says I'm looking for something to play on train / bus trips etc. on my laptop. It's a reasonably modern computer but with low-end hardware so it ain't gonna work with anything that demands a proper gaming machine. I also don't have a mouse which hurts. I have a PS2 style gamepad, though. Something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater / Tony Hawk's Underground or older Need For Speeds or old Super Mario games on emulators could work but since I've already played those I'd rather go for something new.

So, chuck in your ideas.

I'd just get a gameboy emulator or something and loads of roms. Gaming easts laptop batteries so simple games are best.

I don't really like FIFA / NHL etc. single player games. Will definitely get one of those for a trip I'll be making with a mate later in the summer, though, but since I'm not a fan of motor-less sports they are quite boring when playing alone.

Battery life is not an issue for most of the time since in trains (that I normally use) I usually get a seat with power connector. Apart from that emulators are something I've thought of but again there are about gazillion games and for the ones I have not played myself I have no idea what is good and what isn't.

Last edited:
any arcade racing game is fun and doable with keys/joypad.

Might I suggest Trackmania? you can scale down the graphics if you've got a crap PC.
Don't come complaining to me if you miss your trainstation by a few hours though?

Funny you should mention Trackmania, it's my 'safe bet' in case I don't find anything more interesting :)

Haha!! :lol:

The first game that came to my mind when reading your thread title was Trackmania too. Although I recommend Trackmania Sunrise. Nobody mentions it but I really think it's the most beautiful of them all and doesn't need a great PC to run.

You can even download for free Trackmania Sunrise Extreme if you like.

I have TM Nations, Sunrise and United, and I like Sunrise quite a lot... the tracks are lots of fun and just the trainer stuff can keep you entertained for hours!

Another arcade racing game you may want to get is Test Drive Unlimited, if you don't already have it.

There's always the older sim games. I recall spending countless hours on those.

Sim Tower, Sim Pirates, etc.

MeDal Of Honor: Frontline. My computer is circa 2004, and I can play it with every graphic option cranked up.

DOS emulator+sidescroller. Commander Keen, Duke Nukem 1 and 2, Crystal Caves, etc. Or strategy games: Civ, Age of Empires, etc.

Sid Meier's Pirates is a sweet game.

civilization 2

the end