Recommendations for small mouse?

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
My girlfriend and I both adore my Performance MX mouse, but she has small hands, and it's too huge for her.

We've looked at some mice at the local stores, but they all feel like shitty toys compared to this mouse.

Has anyone had good experiences with a particular smaller mouse that is still high-quality?

Corder or cordless works. Her current mouse is cordless, and it would be fine, except:
1) It chews through 2x rechargeable AA batteries. Sometimes in less than a day (and the batteries are fine in all other devices).
2) Unlike my Performance MX, she can't just plug in a cable and keep going.

I use a logitech MX anywhere while on the move for work - and while it's definitely too small for my hands and quite expensive for what it is, I'm perfectly happy with it. sometimes the bluetooth connection to my laptop gets a bit laggy (I just don't use the dongle), but turning it off and on again usually fixes that.

I use a logitech MX anywhere while on the move for work - and while it's definitely too small for my hands and quite expensive for what it is, I'm perfectly happy with it. sometimes the bluetooth connection to my laptop gets a bit laggy (I just don't use the dongle), but turning it off and on again usually fixes that.

That was one I was looking at, actually, and surprised they didn't have any in the stores we went to.

Can it charge a rechargeable battery while plugged in via cable? Or if the battery is dead, will I need to take it out to charge it/them?

It says "up to" 70 days per charge...would you say it's at least 2-3 weeks IRL?

That was one I was looking at, actually, and surprised they didn't have any in the stores we went to.

Can it charge a rechargeable battery while plugged in via cable? Or if the battery is dead, will I need to take it out to charge it/them?

It says "up to" 70 days per charge...would you say it's at least 2-3 weeks IRL?
The MX Anywhere 2/3 use an internal lithium battery, I don't know how many Logitech mice still use AAs. it will charge while plugged in.
1666783828372.png

The G705 is similar in size but I've never tried it, I can say that my second G903 (the updated lightspeed one) has an incredible battery life for a gaming mouse though. We're talking months. Logitech have made their own recharging mat redundant.

I use a logitech M705 for all 3 my computers, it is smaller than the MX but in my opinion has a better shape than most "generic" mice, escpecially the really small ones. Originally bought it for the desktop I share with my wife and she too found other mice too big. I really like the shape and feel, so bought two more for the other computers I use so I don't need to constantly adjust/get used to another mouse 😅 (I know I can sometimes be borderline neurotic 😂).
It does use AA batteries, but last time I replaced a pair on my desktop mouse must have been over a year ago.
It is less high end than the MX, but doesn't feel too cheap to me.

would you say it's at least 2-3 weeks IRL?
Yes, definitely. Mine is already a few years old and still goes surprisingly long between having to charge. And yes it’s perfectly usable while plugged in to charge, with the charging cable where you’d have it on any corded mouse as well.

I have the exact opposite problem. I have a MX Master and I wish it was bigger.

To put my hand size in perspective, I can pick up a basketball with one hand.

I prefer the M705 over the MX Anywhere. It has a tilt wheel, the MX does not. Both wheels can switch between clicky and hyper scrolling.
They're both similar in size. M705 is a little heavier because of the AA battery (I actually prefer the extra weight).
MX is "nicer" but M705 doesn't feel cheap and is more ergonomically shaped (if you're right-handed). My wife has very small hands and uses one comfortably.
MX is rechargeable, of course, but the single AA lasts so long in the M705 it really doesn't matter.
M705 can be had for less than half the price of the MX.

The M720 could be a good option too. It looks similar to the M705 but adds the option of using Bluetooth. Battery life isn't as spectacular as the M705 but they still claim 18 months from a single AA.

If you do go MX Anywhere I can also confirm the rechargeable battery life is quite good in the Logitech mice. I also use a newer G903 I only charge it ever few weeks, which is pretty amazing for a gaming mouse. You can always use it while plugged in and charging.

I use an M185 at work. It's small and costs €15 and works better than it has any right to at that price.