Red Bull Track Attack Pictures

ArosaMike

Resident Kart Racer
Car(s)
Mk5 VW Golf GTI, Aston Martin Vantage GT4 Race Car
Got my transfer cable finally (after leaving it at Uni) so managed to download my pictures from the karting thing I went to this time last week.

Here are a couple of them ;)

One of the karts close up. Pretty nice tbh. World Formula 4-strokes...about 15bhp on Tony Kart chassis for those of you in the know :)
RedBull07.jpg

RedBull04.jpg

RedBull03.jpg

The Red Bull 'bridge' they take everywhere! (That's ex SEAT BTCC driver Luke Hines going under it btw ;))
RedBull02.jpg

RedBull01.jpg

RedBull08.jpg

Nice 997 that was parked next to us!
RedBull09.jpg

Me on the podium having finished 2nd! Off to race the RB F1 drivers in Cardiff now :D (Nice bottle of free Veuve Clicquot in my left hand too!)
RedBull10.jpg

Congrats on your second place finish. Good pics too. That 997 is sweet, but a little dirty.

It was in the UK. Grand final is in Cardiff on May 1st where I'm racing against the 13 other finalists, Christian Klien, Tonio Liuzzi and Scott Speed in front of about 20,000 people and on TV :p To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement!

The whole thing is run by Red Bull, and they brought a fleet of those karts just for this competion. They're supplying us with more karts for the final which are likely to be Rotaxs (about 40bhp and 0-60 in 3s). We get a suit/boots/gloves and a helmet to keep too.

Good luck man. That's neat that youre that good to be at the level of F1 drivers (not the best f1 drivers in that sense but they have to be real good to make it into f1 anyway)

I went to one of these races here in the U.S last year at Infineon Raceway and it was pretty neat. It wasn't the final or anything.

last week I was at scott speed's press day at Infineon and he was racing karts with his brother, he was pretty fast. I got some pictures,you can see in the Scott Speed thread. I got some video too but I set the camera white balance wrong so it came out all blue :thumbsdown:

Liuzzi was European champion in karts so he's going to be damn fast. Not sure about Klien and Speed, but they should be fairly good. Will certainly be interesting to compare myself to them, and the VIP treatment is gonna be fun.

You can get a rotary engined kart with 48bhp now. That thing is nuts. Super Karts race on full scale tracks too, and they do 0-60 in 2.5s and 160mph top speed. Truely unhinged if you ask me! LOL I usually drive a TKM though which is about 18bhp so the Rotax Max will be a bit of a step up, but interesting all the same. I've been told they're less peaky than a TKM so a bit more controllable. In race spec a TKM engine revs to around 17,000rpm :)

Go get 'em dude.... we should all chip in and send this dude some final gear stickers for his helmet... :thumbsup: