Regarding Season 19

Darryl Musashi

Car(s)
VW Passat 2012
Well as you all know we did not get a summer season 2012, but we were promised a christmas special. The special did not air around christmas but was instead baked in to the current season 19.

As a normal season would be 7 episodes, we would be entitled to an extended season, or at the very least compensated for the lack of a summer season with the same amount plus a special, i.e. 8 episodes. But as I understand it we will be given 5 or 6 episodes in total including the special.

Does'nt this upset anybody else? here we are Top Gear starved for nothing less than a year, and they give us a shortened season?

how do you come to the conclusion you are ENTITLED to top gear at all? :mad: you should be happy you're getting 6 episodes...

14 episodes a year is what they promised. This series was originally 6 episodes (5 studio days + the introduction for the special), extended to 7, probably because the special may be spread over two episodes. That leaves 7 or 8 for a second series, which they have said they are going to make.

I would also concur with what eizbaer said. You have no entitlement. Are you even a UK licence payer, or are you downloading for free?

Last edited:
Thank you for a constructive reply, I feel a little more content with the situation now, hopefully the special will be two parts.

I do pay for BBC Nordic, which at least here in Scandinavia airs Top Gear, so I do in that respect consider myself a consumer.

That being said I wrote "entitled" and debated with myself if I should post, and decided to add the second part "or at the very least compensated for the lack of a summer season with the same amount plus a special" because if I was not entitled, I would be compensated with a complete season.

Compensated? This isn't employee fighting for payment on a dispute of overtime. We're talking about MEDIA. That's like saying "Harry Potter didn't give me the ending I liked, I'm entitled for a better ending by Chris Columbus."

Simple fact, you're entitled to any sort of media.

:dancinglock:

I like this guy already. Self entitlement is best entitlement.

Simple fact is that we didn't get a summer run last year because of European football followed by Olympics and Paralympics - they don't like to go up against stuff that will reduce their audience which is why we don't get runs in the autumn any more because of X Factor and Strictly Come Sequins. Normal service should be resumed this year.

Nail on the head, MWF.

I'd like to echo the laughs at "entitled".