Renault found GUILTY but escape punishment.

what???? who's taking back handers?

McLaren should pull out of F1. F1 has just lost the tiny little bit of respect it had left.
McLaren should start up a rival series, there are more than enough tracks around the world that Bernie has no rights to and I'm sure many teams who would be happy to defect or join.

FIA transcripts will be out tomorrow. I'm guessing that they actually determined that nothing from Mackereth's data was used.

And they also determined that none of Ferrari's data was used in the McLaren. I fail to see your point.

^ Stupid remark. McLaren belong in F1 just as much as Ferrari do, and Ferrari arent exactly saints either!!

Briatore: Renault may sue McLaren

Renault boss Flavio Briatore has warned that his team may sue rival McLaren for defamation over the ?Spygate II? affair if it is cleared by the FIA.

Representatives from both teams are in Monaco today for a hearing of the World Motor Sport Council, where Renault faces charges of possessing secret McLaren technical data.

McLaren raised the stakes last month when it authorised a press briefing containing a number of allegations about how far its intellectual property had seeped into the Renault organisation ? some of which it admitted yesterday were inaccurate.

Briatore is confident Renault will be acquitted and says the team will not necessarily let the matter rest there.

?A lot of very bad things have been said about us by McLaren in the last few weeks, very damaging,? he told the Daily Express.

?We will be cleared and once the verdict is announced we will consider legal action.

?Our reputation has been defamed.?

Renault has admitted that former McLaren engineer Phil Mackereth brought McLaren data with him when he joined the Enstone team and showed scale drawings to some colleagues, but claims that this was done without the knowledge of anyone in authority.

The team is adamant that none of this information was used to influence its car design and says this is confirmed by witness statements from the engineers involved.

McLaren is expected to dispute this and argue that Renault gained an unfair advantage from the possession and dissemination of the leaked data.

Source

FIA transcripts will be out tomorrow. I'm guessing that they actually determined that nothing from Mackereth's data was used.
McLaren didn't use any of the Ferrari data in their car either. FIA inspected it.

^ Stupid remark. McLaren belong in F1 just as much as Ferrari do.

Briatore is hinting at sueing McLaren on itv-f1.com

Not when they have to face so much BS from FIArrari. I know it's not feasible to pull out at a notice, but Ron should start selling McLaren to Mercedes and end the McLaren F1 team. Sometimes it's not worth fighting.

As for briatore hinting at suing mclaren, that was only if they were found innocent.

^ Stupid remark. McLaren belong in F1 just as much as Ferrari do.

I agree entirely but there is no point competing with such blatant bias against you.

What is Briatore going to sue about? Your team was found GUILTY you stupid faggot.

What is Briatore going to sue about? Your team was found GUILTY you stupid faggot.

I've got quite a short temper. If we were talking face-to-face, I'm not joking: I would have hit you.

Wait for the transcripts before having a hurried opinion, for God's sake... They'll surely explain what all this was about.

And this will be my last post here until this whole matter cools down. Never mind that, it's tough now that Renault might become, in the next few days, the most hated team in F1.

Last edited:
I've got quite a short temper. If we were talking face-to-face, I'm not joking: I would have hit you.

Wait for the transcripts before having a hurried opinion, for God's sake... They'll surely explain what all this was about.

And this will be my last post here until this whole matter cools down.

Just to clear this up, I was calling Briatore a faggot, not you.

And this will be my last post here until this whole matter cools down. Never mind that, it's tough now that Renault might become, in the next few days, the most hated team in F1.
Replace Mclaren then won't they? And cool it, don't take it so seriously! I wouldn't put it that way but Flavios comments are borderline moronic.

I suppose McLaren have proven what they set out to do. They didn't do this because they wanted to see Renault punished, they done it because they know every team "spies", and it was unfair they were the only ones punished.

Now this proves that the FIA didn't originally punish McLaren for what they done, only who they are and who they were competing with.

This stupid. I cannot believe how two teams have done the exact same thing, both found guilty, but one ripped of all its points and fined beyond belief, and the other not penalized. This is the biggest bullshit ever.

sigh, all I can say is that I'll wait till Friday to see what kind of bullshit excuse FIA would come up with for not punishing Renault.

"Oh" Renault you are so important - you have been naughty but we won't say anything you might leave and we need manufacturers support."

Or is it "Renault you are French er well that all right then you cheat away".

Just seems against all the laws of natural justice really. Probably used the code Napoleon to do the law bit.

What it says is that Renault were found guilty like McLaren in their July trial, but there is insufficiant evidence, so no penalty can be applied. McLaren got the big penalty cos more evidence appeared afterwards. This may not happen to Renault, hence why they wont be following McLaren down the end of the pitlane.

What it says is that Renault were found guilty like McLaren in their July trial, but there is insufficiant evidence, so no penalty can be applied. McLaren got the big penalty cos more evidence appeared afterwards. This may not happen to Renault, hence why they wont be following McLaren down the end of the pitlane.

QFT

The full release is out and there's some stench of bullshit.

The WMSC has concluded that of the four drawings actually viewed by Renault?s engineers, three were either of no use to Renault or were not in fact used by Renault. The fourth drawing (a drawing of McLaren?s so-called ?J-damper?) was used by Renault to try to have the system that they thought McLaren was using declared illegal.

Isn't this exactly what Ferrari used as evidence in their appeal? That McLaren must have seen thier drawings because they knew they had an illegal part?

And what was supposed to be the damning part of Ferrari's appeal was that it wasn't just one man, but several people viewed it? Yet here the FIA conclude that Renault engineers viewed it, but they get no punishment?

What a joke.

The full release is out and there's some stench of bullshit.

Isn't this exactly what Ferrari used as evidence in their appeal? That McLaren must have seen thier drawings because they knew they had an illegal part?

And what was supposed to be the damning part of Ferrari's appeal was that it wasn't just one man, but several people viewed it? Yet here the FIA conclude that Renault engineers viewed it, but they get no punishment?

What a joke.

According to Alonso and his emails, more than one person saw the documents that coughlin had. Dennis originally said that coughlin was the only one who had viewed the documents but was forced to concede that more than one person had viewed the documents. Hence the big fine after the original decision.

How can you be guilty without evidence?

How can you be guilty without evidence?

They were found guilty of being in possession of the documents, but the FIA were not able to prove that they had used it to their advantage hence no penalty, this is also why Renault have not been punished.