Renting a car in Orlando

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Hi guys,

I'm off to Orlando on the 18th of April (anyone want to catchup?) until the 22nd, and I need to rent a car.

I'm arriving at MCO and I'm not sure the best way of doing it, I want insurance if either I crash or someone crashes into me (LIS and LDW?) so what's the best way of getting a good rate (preferablly not on a total shitbox)

I'm staying at the Beuna Vista if anyone wants to meetup

Check your personal auto insurance to see if they cover rentals, along with your credit card company before accepting the ripoffs the rental company charges. Budget is *usually* decent to rent from..

Check your personal auto insurance to see if they cover rentals, along with your credit card company before accepting the ripoffs the rental company charges. Budget is *usually* decent to rent from..

My car insurance doesn't cover rentals (not sure if any do here)

Got ours from Dollar..

Just about all the rental firms have a desk at MCO (they're downstairs next to the bus/taxi pick up point).

looks like the insurance is going to ream me no matter what, might as well get a mustang or something

Does your credit card company offer insurance when booked using their card?

Yeah, in the end I didn't get any driving in because the difference between a 23yr old and a 25yr old is $lol.

Hertz charge you $25 extra a day, and I'm just going to have to get insurance through them (works out to about $40 extra a day)

I'm from Orlando, but don't have any car rental tips. If you have any questions etc, let me know. I won't be able to meetup, because I won't be here in April. I have a contact for cheap tickets to Universal Studios, however I'm pretty sure your dates will line-up with their "blockout dates" for such tickets. I can still check on it though, I think it would cost something like 25-35 bucks each but it has been a while since I last checked with him.