Rep or no rep?

• Yay!

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • Nay!

Votes: 39 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
‘14 Mazderp3, ‘22 Checkpoint SL 5
I just returned to the forums from a 3-day hiatus, and I've noticed that reputation has fallen victim to the upgrade (presumably).

Whether this is the case or not, I kinda' like the idea of rep-free forums. Does anyone else?

Now the question in your post is different to the question in the title.
"Does anyone else like the idea of rep-free forums?" is the exact opposite of "Should we have rep?"
Which question do I answer?

Now the question in your post is different to the question in the title.
"Does anyone else like the idea of rep-free forums?" is the exact opposite of "Should we have rep?"
Which question do I answer?

Is it really that complicated? You answer a poll in response to the poll's question. Feel free to reply to the thread in any way you wish though.

Anyway, I'm impartial to rep. I keep finding myself wanting to rep people and check my rep but I'm not sure there's actually any real value to rep itself. I just use it as a "nice post" or "thanks" button.

Last edited:
Something funny to note: I just realized I accidentally voted in favor instead of against having rep. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

where's the "don't give a flying fig and wish people would stop talking about it" option?

If you want it, use it, if you don't then don't.

Honestly I think rep can be good, especially when the majority of rep is given with an explanation or a small comment that you would not have otherwise known from the rep giver. If the comment was posted in the actual thread it may not seem appropriate or it isn't something that a person would want the whole forums to see. (I know there is private messaging also, but not everyone is partial to PMs? -shrug-)

Is it really that complicated? You answer a poll in response to the poll's question. Feel free to reply to the thread in any way you wish though.

Anyway, I'm impartial to rep. I keep finding myself wanting to rep people and check my rep but I'm not sure there's actually any real value to rep itself. I just use it as a "nice post" or "thanks" button.

Pretty much this. Sometimes it's nice to show some appreciation without actually typing a post for all to see.

It's also a good way of handling n00bs who may be exhibiting certain troll-like traits.

I'm tired of hearing about rep abuse and related boohoo's. Keep it off I say. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm tired of hearing about rep abuse and related boohoo's. Keep it off I say. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'd like to +rep both of you :p

Congratulations, you made a poll. That doesn't fix the problem with the broken code that doesn't allow anyone to leave rep.

Yay for rep...gives an opportunity to reward and criticise posts and...well it looks empty without it.

Also, this is Final Gear, so the correct term is RAEP.

i like rep, cuz i get to give my opinion on the post, and makes me feel good inside when i get a + on my rep :lol:

Congratulations, you made a poll. That doesn't fix the problem with the broken code that doesn't allow anyone to leave rep.

It does if no one wants it to return. That'd solve the problem.

On a boring/serious note: What about having the ability to thank or +like on a post? That way it still retains the main feature of the +rep system which is to just indicate how much someone likes a post or not, and avoids all the bawling and complaining about neg-rep.

Plus it'd put everyone back at 0 basically, so we don't have monstrous rep from the get-go.

Not that I didn't mind having a huge amount of rep.

Meh, I dug it but I'll get used to it being gone...but I enjoyed it.