Rep or no rep?

Rep or no rep?

• Yay!

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • Nay!

Votes: 39 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This isn't Facebook! And in response to argatoga's point I only neg rep the n00bs who start acting all bolshie when someone quietly points something out such as "please use the search facility" or "your thread actually belongs in X section".
That rarely happens. Usually its more along the lines of "GTFO TROLL!"

If I neg rep you then you really, really, really pissed me off, think I have only done it once or possibly twice in all the time I have been on the forum. I think I reported one/the offender to the mods too a little while later.

This isn't Facebook! And in response to argatoga's point I only neg rep the n00bs who start acting all bolshie when someone quietly points something out such as "please use the search facility" or "your thread actually belongs in X section". Mostly I leave them alone otherwise unless they bring something good in which case they get green blobs.

What I like about the rep system is that having come here to relax and unwind every now and then someone will post something that gives me a good, old fashioned belly laugh but which doesn't merit a post in response. It's nice to have a way to show appreciation privately without cluttering up the threads with a response.

I wasn't including you with the lot. But I've seen a few new users with neg rep but no history of anything deserving it. One positive rep from me or someone else puts them in the green do whomever did it had little rep themselves.

Re: Rep or no rep?

Why not have no negative rep?

I think I know what site you're referring to...:p I miss neg rep over at NBR for whatever it's worth.

+rep
How else would I rep crazyrussian's awesome awesome thread contributions? :lol: