Rep or no rep?

Rep or no rep?

• Yay!

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • Nay!

Votes: 39 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh....more than a mouthfull is a waste.

:bow: thanks

Surprisingly I didn't care when it was removed.

Inspired by this I disabled my rep in my "General Settings". It is still showing my rep power.

Rep whoring tip number #2112: Complain that the rep system should be abandoned. - You will find yourself with twenty thousand +reps the next morning.

One problem with the rep system is that there are three individuals (whom I shall not name) that have about ten trillion rep points among them. The horrible thing is that by contributing positively to the forum they have been given extraordinary power. If you anger one of them on a bad day while he is being attacked by a cougar, there is a fifty fifty chance you're going to be red blobbed out of existence.

Last edited:
Whoo-hoo, raep is back!

RAEP ALL THE THINGS!

One problem with the rep system is that there are three individuals (whom I shall not name) that have about ten trillion rep points among them. The horrible thing is that by contributing positively to the forum they have been given extraordinary power. If you anger one of them on a bad day while he is being attacked by a cougar, there is a fifty fifty chance you're going to be red blobbed out of existence.

While your point stands, what does negative rep actually do? Make people take your posts less seriously, maybe? Is there an actual negative result (lack of forum features, required rep for certain subforums, etc.)?

It's only a perception thing. What is annoying is that new members will say nothing out of the ordinary but will be dinged into the red by an ass.

It's only a perception thing. What is annoying is that new members will say nothing out of the ordinary but will be dinged into the red by an ass.

That I understand.

Which is part of why I kinda' want max negrep for myself... :D

Inspired by this I disabled my rep in my "General Settings". It is still showing my rep power.
That only hides your rep (or at least its supposed to). Is there a way to actually disable it? I too quite liked FG's repless days

This isn't Facebook! And in response to argatoga's point I only neg rep the n00bs who start acting all bolshie when someone quietly points something out such as "please use the search facility" or "your thread actually belongs in X section". Mostly I leave them alone otherwise unless they bring something good in which case they get green blobs.

What I like about the rep system is that having come here to relax and unwind every now and then someone will post something that gives me a good, old fashioned belly laugh but which doesn't merit a post in response. It's nice to have a way to show appreciation privately without cluttering up the threads with a response.