Replace Rutledge Wood with Rob Dyrdek

simpsonn

Car(s)
'08 VW .:R32
He'd be hilarious. He's already comfortable in front of a camera and if you've seen any of his shows he's down for doing stunts. Also friends with Ken Block so I'm sure he could get driving lessons.

:bangin: :stupid: :tumbleweed:

:nazilock:

Rob Dyrdek is quite foolish for a car review show.

Dont get me wrong I have watched fantasy factory and enjoyed it somewhat. Its just that I dont ever think he would be able to review a car. He would just say its so fast and try power sliding and than say any car that accelerates like crazy is good.

Plus he probably still has a contract deal with MTV anyways.

Rob Dyrdek is a great and funny guy, but come on, let's be real. it's hasn't been a week since the first episode and already people are not giving this or one any of the current host any chances. give the producer's of History and BBC Worldwide some credit. it's not like they choose 3 people from the business at random and wished them the "best of luck". Rutledge Wood, and for that matter, Adam Ferarra and Tanner Foust do seem very well with each other. i'm not saying that they're "BFFs" or anything, but they do seem to have more than a professional on-screen only relationship.

it's kinda like someone starting a new job with new co-workers. over time, without being forced, you get along well with some of the people over there and become acquaintances.

Rob Dyrdek is a great and funny guy, but come on, let's be real. it's hasn't been a week since the first episode and already people are not giving this or one any of the current host any chances.

This! Seriously.

Wood and Ferrara are probably my favorite hosts. I'm willing to give Foust a chance too, but I can't stand him on Super Car Shootout (or whatever that show is called)

People need to give this show some time to gel. Seriously.

This! Seriously.

Seconded. I thought Foust was a bit boring. But I suspect that is primarily because he's bringing in personality from his other shows. He'll warm up soon. I thought that the first episode was better than, say, the Iceland episode of Top Gear UK. They haven't developed interplay yet, but I seem to remember that it took till at least the 5th or 6th series of TGUK to really bring out Hammond and May's personalities anyways. So I hardly expected it in the first episode. Give them all a chance. We weren't the ones paid to hire them...

I say give them all a chance. One episode hardly seems enough to get a good feeling on how the hosts will work out. If there is a weakness in the cast I am sure that the producers will change it up as they want to make money from this program.

Never mind replacing Rutledge, Tanner is the one who needs to go.

Just because you're a racing driver doesn't mean you have the skills to be a television presenter. All of this season's episodes have made that very apparent. He's kind of a robot and doesn't seem to mesh with either of the other hosts.

I don't see why there is even a debate about replacing one of them. The show seems to be improving as it goes on, and it seems that what would really help it is for Tanner and Rutledge to take some acting and public speaking classes.

Last edited:
I'd watch a show hosted by Big Black, dude is funny as hell. Only cars he's reviewing are giant though, no way he fits in an M3, let alone an Atom or Caterham.

You'd be surprised; I had an E36 M3, arguably smaller inside than the current generation, and I'm about his size, and I was comfortable.

Never mind replacing Rutledge, Tanner is the one who needs to go.

No. No one needs to go until we have seen the entire season. And even then, no one may need to go.

I'm pretty sure you could replace Rutledge with actual wood at this point, and it would be better. In my opinion, they can't get a new crew in there soon enough, this bunch is horrible. That being said, I would be willing to keep Tanner on board, since he can actually drive, and even if he is too dumb to write his own material, he might be able to learn how to read a script in a believable manner.

I like Tanner and Rutledge I can see them warming up. But Ferrara mistimed crap one liners are like nails on a chalk board. Is he a comedian really?

Tanner: What would you have for 40k
Ferrara: A Judge
T: Oh a gto
F: No a real judge
*crickets*
*Awkward smiles*
*Nervous stares*
*Back to the truck