REPORT: Japan could require hybrids to emit sound

Yeah thanks.

I had a listen to the previews and they sounded pretty crappy - you know, synthesized and unconvincing.

Also they play it through speakers mounted on the outside of the car, which is what we are talking about here with hybrids, but no way I want that shit on my real car. The whole idea was that the driver have some fun but not look like a tool.

Maybe my memory fails and it was actually crap, but it seemed good when I watched it 20 odd years ago.

Last edited:
Edited and posted link to one. Best one - you can make your car sound like a Vespa!

I think anyone that uses one of these should have it randomly switch over to Vespa mode. :D

Last edited:
It's quite the opposite; usually Prius drivers will do 15-20 over while using the slow lane to pass because they think they're better than everyone else.

Want to trade Prius drivers? Ours usually just hold up traffic.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs[/YOUTUBE]

good sound yes?

Knowing Japan, there will probably be a variety of very strange Twirping/bubbling noises available.

?Instead of paying $500-$700 to improve the exhaust sound with an aftermarket Cat Back why not pay $159 and make your RX-8 sound like a 71? Hemi Cuda??

Why would anyone with an RX-8 want it to sound like a Cuda??? It's not exactly a minivan...