Autoblog: Report: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento approved for limited production

nsx_23

Forum Addict
lambosesto630.jpg

Lamborghini's Sesto Elemento, the carbon fiber beauty that debuted at the Paris Motor Show just two short months ago, has reportedly been given the green light by its Italian automaker. The two-seat "Sixth Element" exotic is much more than radical jet-fighter styling and a fixation with all things lightweight. Hidden under its flat-black composite panels is the same V10 engine shoehorned into the Lamborghini LP 570-4 Superleggera. With a power rating of 570 horsepower and a curb weight of just 2,200 pounds, the 5.2-liter engine is reportedly able to launch the all-wheel-drive Sesto Elemento to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds. Keep the pedal down, and the Lamborghini should top 215 mph. With a price tag of about ?2.5 million ($3.4 million at today's exchange), and a production run limited to less than ten units, best of luck securing one for your garage.

I am excited :cool:

I still can't get over the stupid engine cover and a few little details, but the overall shape has really grown on me.

*Blonde is an optional extra*

It looks droopy...

I'm glad a low-volume manufacturer like Lamborghini can get away with building low-volume supercars like this.

570hp, 2200lb :drool:

Meh. I'll take the blonde and a regular Gallardo/Murcielago.

So if I understand it correctly this is to the Gallardo what the Reventon is to the Murcielago? I think it looks great, and 2200lbs + 570 bhp = awesome, can't argue that :)

Meh. I'll take the blonde and a regular Gallardo/Murcielago.
haha She was the first thing I saw first :p But I agree with the droopy part. It just looks weird. Sadly, low-volume production = never to be seen on the streets ever again. Why do they even bother putting an engine in there if people are just going to rot it in their garages forever? It's so sad

An extra EUR 1 mil over the Veryon Supersport? Bloody hell.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy all of them up and then proceed to hold them randsom under threat of telegraph pole-ing until Lambo stops doing this crap and makes a proper new roadcar that doesn't cost a zillion pounds and isn't AWD.
I'm not saying this is a bad car, it's just I'm tired of supercar companies pandering to oil sheiks with more money than brains and leaving the not quite so well off out.

tldr: make a new $140 000 car, Lambo, one that can beat the ZR1.

Last edited:
If I won the lottery, I'd buy all of them up and then proceed to hold them randsom under threat of telegraph pole-ing until Lambo stops doing this crap and makes a proper new roadcar that doesn't cost a zillion pounds and isn't AWD.
I'm not saying this is a bad car, it's just I'm tired of supercar companies pandering to oil sheiks with more money than brains and leaving the not quite so well off out.

tldr: make a new $140 000 car, Lambo, one that can beat the ZR1.
Isn't that the R8? Pretty sure Lambo isn't going to try to compete with its corporate overlords.

In one of (of noe the) last episodes of TG AUS, they reviewed a "base model" gallardo with rwd, right?

AUTOBLOG said:
It sounds like we can forget all about cruising South Beach in the upcoming Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. According to Autocar, The Raging Bull is planning to build the carbon-fiber terror as a limited production model for track duty only. Thanks to its unique construction, the Sesto Elemento should hit the scales at less than 2,200 pounds, all while boasting the same drivetrain as the wicked Superleggera. This promises to be one very fast machine, but chances are it will carry a price tag to match. Autocar is reporting that the newest addition to the Lamborghini stable will likely go for Revent?n money. With an MSRP of over $1.6 million, you certainly won't be seeing these parked in every paddock.

That's all the more true given that Autocar suspects that Lamborghini will build less than 20 examples of the Sesto Elemento. Who knew that rare birds were built from forged carbon fiber?

Hell of a trackday toy.

That is pretty.