• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

requirements to play a .ts?

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Sooo... I'm in the process of ordering a LCD for my Living Room...

As I wanna put it to good use, I subscribed to the Newsgroups (trial for 3 days now) and checked out the alt.binaries.hdtv first...

Seems like my 2800+ isn't quite fit for the .ts playback job... Does anybody know what the minimum spec are for that? I thought its only big ass mpeg2... Damn...

Buba

Microsoft said:
Optimum Configuration
(to play 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound)
# Windows XP
# Windows Media Player 10
# DirectX 9.0
# 3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
# 512 MB of RAM
# 128 MB video card
# 1920 x 1440 screen resolution
# 24-bit 96 kHz multichannel sound card
# 5.1 surround sound speaker system

So probably even a bit more...I have a 2600+ with a Radeon 9800Pro and I also have problems playing short HDTV bits.

Microsoft said:
Optimum Configuration
Curious, isn't HDTV 1920x1080?

Oh, that's 4:3... (doesn't seem optimum to me). :lol:

ESPNSTI said:
Microsoft said:
Optimum Configuration
Curious, isn't HDTV 1920x1080?

Oh, that's 4:3... (doesn't seem optimum to me). :lol:

Guess microsoft doesn't realize people make widescreen monitors :p

i'd think my 1920x1200 would be better suited for HD Video than a 1920x1440 monitor :p

I can agree though the requirements for HD are quite high. I can't run them on my 2800+ in my media center machine either. My media center machine also satisfies all of the rest of the specs above, so the bottleneck must be the processor. I need to look into getting a new processor and motherboard to better support HD video (or figure out how to hack my xbox360, should it ever arrive, to play HD video off my computer's HD).

If you run your desktop at the resolution of the stream, that helps a lot as it doesn't have to resize it.

And damn, I wish I had newsgroup access. I've only managed to find 3 or 4 TS torrents. :(

jensked: I'm not talking about HD-WMV, but good old fashioned MPEG 2 disguised as a Transport stream... This should have way less ressource hunger...

www.forteinc.com/ <-- Try that Viper, the Unlimited account has a 3 day trial... I currently doubt, I'm going to keep it...

Buba

I don't have the money to pay for access and I bet you have to give them your credit card for the trial.

Viper007Bond said:
I don't have the money to pay for access and I bet you have to give them your credit card for the trial.

Yes, you do...

I also can across some other provider who charges only 6 Dollars a month for 2 GB per day.... Seems to be fair, but its useless if you want HD movies...

Buba

Oh well. I have access to a super-high speed, 0day BT tracker, so I can pretty much get all new popular items already. It's just the more odd stuff that I'd like to get off NG.

I see... An understand... I guess I'm cancelling it, because its too expensive for me as well. I would have swalload it, if the .ts shit would play properly...

Anybody has a nice tracker for real HD material? Like 720p Xvids or something??

Buba

Buba said:
I see... An understand... I guess I'm cancelling it, because its too expensive for me as well. I would have swalload it, if the .ts shit would play properly...

Anybody has a nice tracker for real HD material? Like 720p Xvids or something??

Buba

Yeah I would be interested in that as well, since I have a couple of HD capable televisions, and would love to have some actual HD content to use on my media center.