Resident Evil Extinction

SuperStalin

I kinda liked the first Resident Evil movie, it was mindless fun and Milla is hot.
It was an OK movie to see and forget, it even had some memorable scenes,
and it had a nice mysterious atmosphere about it... a lot was left unexplained,
and I liked that... not enough to see the sequel tho...

Anyway, I read somewhere that Russel Mulcahy ( highlander, ricochet, shadow ) was going to direct the third in the series, so I downloaded part II ( RE Apocalypse and the new RE Extinction ).

Apocalypse has some nice cinematography and design, and that's about it.
It's just too stupid for its own good. The mysterious atmosphere is gone,
and now it feels sorta random ... and stupid.

Extinction continues the "story" ( a bunch of random events and action sequences tied together with a afterthought-plot ) into a world completely devastated by the T-virus pandemic. It's a piece of shit movie, but it's more fun than the second in the series.

This is what i suspected. I think it would be pretty hard to make a movie worse than RE2.

This is what i suspected. I think it would be pretty hard to make a movie worse than RE2.

True.

I don't think I'll never recover myself of seeing the Nemesis fighting Kung-Fu style and to see him turning into a good guy. Oh God!!!

THAT was pretty bad.

But fear the worse. In this one there's a Tyrant and Albert Wesker! :S

I haven't played the game... so I have no clue what's Nemesis supposed to be,
for a viewer not into this game, Nemesis seems just like something tacked-on
with no meaning...

There are no such characters/moments in RE3, but then again whatever happens
seems to lead nowhere, and you have a feeling that the action sequences take too much time, and there won't be enought time to wrap the movie up in a satisfactory way... and guess what... the ending feels rushed.