Resistance was futile, continuation of Lars and Joe's stunning 535i

BimmerLorris

Car(s)
Bmw 1988 535i & 1994 520i Touring
It may seem as though it is desirable that the members here will see the continuation of the life of loose_unit (Joe) and larswey (Lars Erik) 's old 1988 model Bmw 535i, so therefore should I as best keep people updated on how this ancient beauty lives his life in Norway:)

I have not bought the car yet, but we agree on the price and I'll buy it. I have long wanted very much on a e34 with a little more power than the 525, so when I saw this car was available for sale, I was quick and contacted Lars Erik:) I lost my mother in the summer and inherited some money, which gave me the opportunity to put some more money in the car than I have been able to do before. My spouse and i need two new cars and we have therefore decided this gorgeous car and have also bought an e38 Bmw 728iA, 1999 model :) Only Bmw applicable to us:) So now I hope that it will stand a 535i in our courtyard during this week:) Continuation follows:)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont find out how to put some pictures in here :blink:

Tnx MXM :-D But can you xplain to me how i put into some pictures ? I cant find the place to do that :p

Tnx MXM :-D But can you xplain to me how i put into some pictures ? I cant find the place to do that :p

Easiest way is to upload them to http://imgur.com/ (no account required) and then copy/paste the "BBCode (message boards & forums)" code that you get after uploading. It'll be the image's URL surrounded by

Ok tnx, then I`ll try that and see what happens ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

sA2vy8P

- - - Updated - - -

sA2vy8P.jpg
[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

y01a8BS.jpg
[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Cant wait to get this beauty home with me and I hope it will happen this week to :-D

- - - Updated - - -

C5mGn6A.jpg
dJC3tEp.jpg
[/IMG]
Put on some more pictures after I got the car home with me :) This is pictures Lars have sent me during the preprocess of this buy :-D

Aahhh !! What a beauty ??

- - - Updated - - -

Why did it just become a link and not an uploaded picture ???? I sent it from my iPhone using tapatalk... Anyone ?

Resistance was futile, continuation of Lars and Joe's stunning 535i

Hmmm sorry im just soooo not a datanerd !! How do I tag my photos in Imgur ?

No worrys, we've been all there. "How the f... does this image linking crap work?" :lol:

You already have the link, all you need ist to put that link inside these:
I][B]
then the picture will show up. Try it.

o1j3PCO.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finaly @ home with my baby and now my 520i have got company :-D
I've decided that the car should be wintered and not run on salted roads. The roads in Norway are flooded every winter with salt due to traffic, which often does great damage to the brakes and suspension, not to mention the paint on cars. This I will not do to my car. This car is a veteran of three years and if I can manage to keep the rust and pretty it will be even more valuable with age. I bought myself a so-called plastic garage to make the utility until I get built me a proper garage next summer:)

Reactions: lip
You should make a separate thread for your 520i. :)

Yes I agree to that :-D Just wanted to show you guys how the norwegian saltyroads destroy our cars ;-)

Hello:) It's been a while since I've been here now. Since I bought the car, I have made ??a number of detailed work. I am very concerned about the small details and like to know that it is clean and nice, even where one does not see. Therefore some pictures of this:)
ps; I avail myself of google translate since I'm not so good in English, so therefore you may grammar is a bit weird. But assume that you understand what I write:)
euA4lX8.jpg
[/IMG]
94T68Np.jpg

HvTy94a.jpg

syWD6lf.jpg

V1I2ykN.jpg

JABPuJ3.jpg

eXAbo7g.jpg

BFBuTNV.jpg

qD11clq.jpg

nPsSybu.jpg

kgpLbwB.jpg

pEHTDB0.jpg

I'll post more pictures later :-D

Last edited:
More detailingpictures :-D
cCapMuC.png

IGsYqWd.png

Before & After :) rusty screws weakens the whole
fyW8olv.jpg

hpVMOdN.jpg

TdGHUS9.jpg

Sn88c4d.jpg

rDApAYH.jpg

I'll be posting more to come in the future. Currently the car is at the body shop to remove what little existed of rust, some small dents and scratches. It will get some pictures of the process as well:)

Last edited:
The driver's seat in the car had a blown seam so I got the seat repaired at one saddler:) Then I saw my incision to clean a little inside the car too:) So I put some pictures of the process as well:)
BFlcMEw.jpg

s77jOYA.jpg

Uwupm2D.jpg

Nv3PbjY.jpg

xK8Tt0s.jpg

eBGXTZM.jpg

4Xyz6aM.jpg

As I said, so is the car in a body shop and it will get pictures of that process in a little while :)
Stay tuned ;-)