• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Restoration Rip Off: is it worth it?

Restoration Rip Off: is it worth it?

• I like the idea, and I can't wait to see what they do with the Mini.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the idea, but they picked the wrong car to restore.

• I'm not sure, but I'm curious to see what comes of it.

• I don't like it, but I'll probably watch it anyway.

• I hate it, and I'm planning to fast forward.

• Total voters

kanderson

Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
Some kid in another topic is griping about the Restoration Rip Off. He says it will be boring and a waste of time, and "most people hate it". I am curious about what the folks in this forum think.

I agree. I'd like to get my hands on that Probe and restore it myself. I've sent emails with no response. But after being shown on TopGear, someone else probably snapped it up.

Easy: Great idea, wrong car....which is what I guarantee the final outcome of the vote will be. For a group with the financial backing that I would think the BBC could have, I'm dissapointed that they took the cost-effective route.....or maybe they don't have the means that I thought they had.

kanderson said:
I'm dissapointed that they took the cost-effective route
Do you really think it was the cost? Not true results of public opinion?

I don't know...I guess I'll never know...maybe that's what it actually was. I don't know the British mentality, maybe they're attached to that sort of thing. But I figured (hoped) that it would be a different car.

I loved the segment. Even though I would have loved to have seen the Probe restored, I'm still excited to see what they are able to do with the Mini. If anything, I would like it if Top Gear had more segments like Restoration Rip-Off.

i voted great idea, wrong car as well.
i really wanted to see the probe restored. however, somewhere inside, i felt that the range rover was going to get the call. as james may said, i was bit surprised it didn't get picked.

I voted "I don't like it, but I'll probably watch it anyway."-How could I ever fast forward a Top Gear ep :p

Some kid in another topic is griping about the Restoration Rip Off.
That 'kid' was me.
@ kanderson: In that other topic you asked me a question: "A bit sensitive about age, aren't you? Maybe you can tell us why it doesn't matter." I told you why: "Not sensitive its just that I dont want my age to differ what people think of my opinions. When I first joined up here, I thought of lying about my age but I came out with it a few times, the reactions were ok"
But now i'm forced to change my answer to: I'm sensitive about my age because pricks like you don't know how to talk properly and value someones opinions. Watch what you say mate and if you have a valid argument about someones opinons, please do bring it up appropiratly.

Sl55_AMG_Baby said:
Some kid in another topic is griping about the Restoration Rip Off.
That 'kid' was me.

[...]

But now i'm forced to change my answer to: I'm sensitive about my age because pricks like you don't know how to talk properly and value someones opinions. Watch what you say mate and if you have a valid argument about someones opinons, please do bring it up appropiratly.

I think you'd better be the one watching your mouth, young un. If you want people to respect your childish opinion, don't act so immature. There's nothing wrong with being young, we've all been there - you're not that young. But judging by the way you handled this, you're asking to be treated like an adult with a mature opinion, while acting like a little child.

Grow up, take it on the cheek, and explain yourself without the personal attacks.

explain yourself without the personal attacks.

I DID. Thats why I ended up reacting like this. I'm not justifing that my reaction was at all appropriate as it was in the heat of the moment but I am a damn shot pissed that he had the nerve to make a new thread and refer to me as 'some kid' within minutes of me 'maturely' explaining my reasons for being sensitve about my age (a question that he asked!!). I mean whats up with that? Thats not fair.
Oh yeah, if I just take it on the cheek and wave him through, its gonna happen again and again and I won't enjoy these forums anymore. Haz unintentionally brought up my age and I made it clear that it shouldnt differ what people think of me. He acknowledges that and theres no fuss. I would have had a similar reaction if he ran off and did something that he knew I did'nt like.

Dude. Simmer down. That thread was made BEFORE you posted your 'mature' explanation!!

Go and check - this thread was started at 8:34 pm (or whatever your time zone is) and your 'mature' reply was at 8:47 pm. Why don't you slow down a bit!!

It doesn't matter if you're young, you can voice your opinion. But don't get so defensive the moment someone asks why you're so sensitive of your age. Now please, let it go, and forget about it.

You know, if you hadn't made such a fuss tonight, I still wouldn't know you're 14. I didn't know we had anyone that young around. So chill, please.

damn shot pissed that he had the nerve
I admit that I set out the bait, but you took it all too well. I was also curious about your statement, more or less, that "nobody" likes the restoration idea, a statement now proven false, as well as your assertion that your age is irrelevant. While age may be irrelevant, your age, or lack thereof, appears to be a liability to yourself, something you will undoubtedly grow out of.

i felt that the range rover was going to get the call
I wonder if we could convince the Top Gear folks to display the actual poll results?

What really surprised me was that, at least in this forum, the Probe was the winner, and in second place was the Lotus...

And in the end, those two were the least voted cars!!

I would think that BBC would have the money to do something good with all of these cars. It would've been neat to restore all of them. All of these cars really should be restored(maybe apart from the Range Rover)...

Great idea, especially if they follow the restoration progress, but wrong car. Who gives a damn about a stupid Mini?

i recon the clockwork orange one won...but then they calculated that they couldnt afford it so they just went for the cheapest one...mini,

i would vote for the clockwork oragne one as well, it look quite cool but the steering wheel is nasty as fuck

couldn't afford?

it's an alumium body shells, how much could it cost

give it to jesse james and he bends them all by hand :thumbsup: