Restoration Ripoff ...... what happened?

Phoenix

Ok, what happened to the restoration Ripoff Mini, or did I miss it somewhere???

Could they really not afford to do it, or did they give it to jeremy to do like the roller :lol:

probably next season

It's not rare for a full restoration to take over a year. You can't drop it off at the mechanic and expect to have it done in a week. It takes a long time and a lot of money.

Come on, how much money did they make, how bad a condition was that Mini in, how long were they off air?

The car looked okay, they had all the parts, and they had nearly half a year to do something about it, if you include the time the show came on for Series 6, it was 8 months since they left the air... That has to be enough, no?

KryptonZone said:
Come on, how much money did they make, how bad a condition was that Mini

Well I think the segment was a flop, so they probably havn't bothered to waste air time on saying "and here is the Mini".

Ah that's true. Considering the "let's shoot Hamster in a car that we armour plated" segement was taken out.... Why would they bother with that restoration rubbish. Thing is though, I've been watching the old eps in my plenty of spare time recently due to my holidays, I really kept being remembered about that darn Mini!

The folks at Pimp My Ride restore a car in no time.

///M said:
Usually by painting the intake red and piling 12 TV's in the trunk. ;)

///M said:

12 people work 10 days for one car. So thats about 1000 hours...

Buba

I wouldn't say pimip my ride restore cars, they just do cosmetic things to it. I wonder if they actually fix vital things, like repairing mechanical glitches, I'm inclined to say no. :thumbsdown:

I would have voted for the Probe... They must have rigged the results, or something... The mini is a terribly boring car, even if it did belong to that one guy.

Tomo Motorsport said:
"Overhaulin" guys do complete restorations. Some cars end up lookin pretty good.
Oh, hell yes they do. :thumbsup:

Trust me mate, all self-respecting Brit will most probably vote for the Mini because they have a soft spot for it. It's one of the most brilliant creations that came out of the Great Nation since the industrial era. It made transport compact and simple. I mean the engineering of the thing is too basic.

Top Gear Girl said:
KryptonZone said:
Come on, how much money did they make, how bad a condition was that Mini

Well I think the segment was a flop, so they probably havn't bothered to waste air time on saying "and here is the Mini".
Well it will be aired. Expect them to start talking about it as of the first episode I rekon.
Viper007Bond said:
Tomo Motorsport said:
"Overhaulin" guys do complete restorations. Some cars end up lookin pretty good.
Oh, hell yes they do. :thumbsup:
Overhaulin is way cool...Monster Garage not quite as good but still allrite sometimes-The host annoys me though!