Restoration Ripoff ...... what happened?

Great news, it'll be good to see.

...but I still wish the Probe had won. I'd even restore that one myself.

are there any pictures of the mini fully restored yet ? id love to see how it turned out. and yes! the probe would of been sick!

I rewatched many Episodes trying to find a segment I clearly missed about that Mini, now I finally know what happened to it!

Can't wait to see it.

are there any pictures of the mini fully restored yet ? id love to see how it turned out. and yes! the probe would of been sick!

I'm sure it's fine to post it. I've seen pictures of the restoration, and the car looks fantastic, obviouly I can't share those, but I am aware that everyone here has been keen to know what's happening.

I think it's also important for us to show that we don't say we'll do something and then not bother, everyone always wanted to get the car sorted, but there were lots of problems and setbacks. It took longer than anticipated!

So... you're all insider-info with the Restoration Ripoff... do also you happen to know Richard's helmet size, off-hand? ;)

They looked into it and didn't get an answer IIRC.

They'd hassle him for years. :p

OT: Wonder if he has one yellow tooth when the series starts. :lol:

I apologise in advance for my rather black sense of humour, but wouldn't it be funny if Richard drove it around the track and crashed it? ;)

I don't mind blac humour, but that's not at all funny IMO :blink:

I join the club of people happy to see this projest live. and look forward to seeing the end result! an the new series:)

Yes, that's abslolutely good news. thanks for sharing this little secret :mrgreen:

I really think the upcoming series are going to be fabulous.

Can't remember if I told you all this update before, forgive me if I had.

One part of the reason for the delay (apart from the garage pricing rip off) was a huge legal wrangle, because the BBC were not allowed to use the money earned from the phone in to actually pay for the work. Can't remember the exact ins & outs of the legal details, but it put a big spanner in the works!

sorry to bump an old thready, but after doing a search i cant seem to find anything recent on the Restoration Mini...

im guessing we might be seeing it in Season 10?? :?: :unsure:

Hi, I can confirm that the mini has been restored....ive sat in it :) My friend knows the guy who owns it and restored it and drove it on the Monte carlo rally. Its an absolutely awesome car and I can't wait to see it on Top Gear. Its even been signed by the man himself on the bootlid! All of the parts are amazingly genuine..even the Lucas wiring was done by the man who originally wired it back in the 60's! Alot of work has gone into the car and it has definitely been well worth it. Click the link :)

http://a624.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_0a0629dcbb19cdf6a60e53fdcd53b4f7.jpg

^ Awesome news, it would be good to see it on TG maybe they could give it an outing on the track to see what time it would do like they did with the DB5 and E-Type.

Haha, I've wanted to post something about the Mini since I watched it was announced and then never mentioned again...and now I've just read this thread from page 1 to 5. Going from wondering "wtf happened", to legal issues, to the inside-tip that it's been restored and will return, to a picture of it finished was a pretty exciting read. 1 more day...can't wait. :woot::cheers::tvhappy: