• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Reverse Extracting video files!

LessThanSte

Wasnt really sure where to put this!

If i download a file, such as one of the top gear videos that are available, its set at a certain size (cant remember off the top of my head, 512 x 282 or something?). I assume if i put this onto a CD and went and put it in my dvd player on the big tv downstairs, it would all seem abit blurry.

So thats the first question, is that a myth (i dont want to use a cd to find out!). Will it infact seem clear and very watchable?

The more important question is this. Am i able to reverse extract the file, to get it back to, basically, the original file that was recorded from the TV, in its proper aspect ratio and with, therefore, a high quality picture should i play it through the TV (obviously it would have to be on a DVD disc!)

Any help appreciated!

Steve

You can't "reverse extract" the file back to the original source quality. XviD is what's known as a "lossy" compression format, which means that some of the original picture information was cut out in order to make it a small size.

Also, if you try to burn it to a DVD to play it in your DVD player, you'll have to convert the video from XviD to MPEG-2 (which is another lossy format), and it'll look even worse. What I recommend is to run a cable from your computer's TV-out (if you have it) to your TV. I've done that with Top Gear before, and it looks very good actually.

chaos386 said:
What I recommend is to run a cable from your computer's TV-out (if you have it) to your TV. I've done that with Top Gear before, and it looks very good actually.

It vastly depends on the type of cable you choose. A simple AV cable will produce not so great results. The best compromise would be an S-Video cable. You might want to check if your TV supports it.

easiest thing to do is use a proggy liek winavi or
even nero vision express to convert it to dvd/svcd
format for your automatically....

its REALLY simple, choose file, choose output, click, burn, watch on tv