Richard and the Zonda...

djdorifto

Car(s)
Honda S2000
Every all the reviews on the Zonda that Richard has done he just creams his pants when he drives it. I'm sure is making decent amount of coin, wonder why he hasn't bought one yet. Shoot, does he? I mean the Morgan is a awesome car, but I wonder if he ever really considered getting the Zonda.

Just because you could afford something doesn't mean you should buy it. He has a family to take care of as well, you know. He bought his toy already.

I could afford financing on a new Subaru Legacy. Would it be a good decision? No.

Not only is it very expensive to buy but supercars are great - until you own one, one day it'll break down, it will have to be shipped to Italy, It'll take forever to fix, it'll cost a lot

but....does come with a pair of the Popes shoes - Does your ugly Morgan come with a pair of the Archbishop of Canterbury's shoes? No, it doesn't

Every all the reviews on the Zonda that Richard has done he just creams his pants when he drives it. I'm sure is making decent amount of coin, wonder why he hasn't bought one yet. Shoot, does he? I mean the Morgan is a awesome car, but I wonder if he ever really considered getting the Zonda.

A Zonda F costs damn near $750,000 (in US dollars), I doubt he could afford that.

He would be able to afford it, no doubt at all. Maybe his wife does not like the idea of spending so much money on a car :) I am not surprised that he 'creams his pants' as it is a gorgeous car, up there at the top of my list.

lol, I was just watching some old top gear's and saw the Zonda reviews back to back and he just loves the car. So just wanted to throw it out there if anyone else noticed it too.

Why not if you could afford it and you do really want it? why not? I'm pretty sure his family is taken care of with school and stuff. They have a pretty nice house, wife doesn't have to worry about a thing.

Why would you get a new Subaru Legacy, if there are plenty of great 2nd hand used ones out there? Buying a new car to me is not a wise decision.

Yeah some of you guys forget he is married and that he has to deal with wife 'veto' power on his car purchases.

^ Absolutely

Never underestimate the Woman's Veto.

Looking at Richard's garage, I'd say that his wife is tolerant.

If he really wanted to own a Zonda, there wouldn't be any problems.

He basically can drive whatever car he wants when he wants as one of the worlds most famous car critics. Therefore I expect his garage is reserved for cars he really needs or REALLY wants.

How many cars has Zonda sold, really? From what I've read each model has a production figure barely over single figures. Outside of TG they seem obscure enough to be non-existent...

he's got a whole bunch of cars already, he even bought the yellow Ferrari from one of the challenges, he's got several Porsches, Land Rovers, the Morgan...

He simply doesn't need another car, and surely not this one. It's too insane to drive everyday (as they demonstrated in French underground carparks) and you can't use the power cause of traffic

He could easily afford one though

Think about it, where has Hammond driven the Zonda? France, mountainroads, ...
If he would buy a Zonda, he would have to drive it in Britain, which isn't really that exotic and If I would have a Zonda and would have to drive it in Belgium, I would go nuts just because it isn't a car to drive if you live in a country that isn't in the south of Europe.
I also think it would be too much of a handfull to own and drive. It would be great to drive for a weekend of so, but like Anti-Net said, after that it's just going to be a expensive problem with four wheels.

It wouldn't really be worth of Hammond buying a Zonda since hes got a family to take care of and a big house and a dozen other cars... Plus if he want to.. he can probably call up Pagani most of the time to tell them lend him one for testing since hes a motoring journalist with one of the biggest shows.... I mean think of it.. If you were in his position? wouldnt it be worth it everyday?...

^
Agree, why would he BUY it!! Richard's driven the Zonda that many times and in different places he's had the fun of driving it around without having to stick his hand into his pocket.

Compare Hammond buying the Zonda to Jezza buying the GT40.
They both thought about it, Jezza bought it but Hamster hasn't.
Buying a real supercar (GT40, Zonda, Veyron, ...) probably means you're in the garage all the time. He knows too!

LOL that makes little monetary sense when you compare the prices of the cars side by side

a new ford gt was about 220 grand usd ( 115 GBP) at the time that it was launched.

a new zonda c12s begins at 400 000.

comparing a ford gt to a zonda just cant be done.

LOL that makes little monetary sense when you compare the prices of the cars side by side

a new ford gt was about 220 grand usd ( 115 GBP) at the time that it was launched.

a new zonda c12s begins at 400 000.

comparing a ford gt to a zonda just cant be done.
I'm talking about the idea about buying one..
Do you thing that for the 3 TG presenters money makes a difference (up to a certain point)