Richard at San Diego Comic Con?

RaphEmer

Car(s)
2010 Tucson
A friend of mine, who was at SDCC this past month, mentioned that she'd met Richard and another "TV Host from England" outside of the convention. They (Richard and the other host) weren't actually attending, they were there to interview some people. She didn't realize that it was Richard until later. I'm trying to find out any more information she might have. ComicCon was the weekend of July 18-21, which was definitely during taping of series 20 (the week of episode 4)...so he would have had to have been in England for the show taping on Wednesday, then off to SDCC?

Has anyone else heard that he was there?

How sure are you that she saw the right person? :p

Although not impossible - Richard did once fly to Hawaii from the UK just for a weekend to film a bit for Miracles of Nature- and he is still filming stuff for his next science series this seems highly unlikely and nothing was picked up by anyone on HH. I'm not sure though, who you would mistake for Richard!

Having perused their twitter accounts both men appeared to be in the UK that weekend. I think someone may have been having a joke at your friend's expense!