Richard Hammond in four-car pile-up in his ?110k supercar

I doubt spare parts for an Aeromax are easy to find - although the front probably could be replaced with a smashed Jaguar S-Type and no-one would know the difference.

its not spare parts for a car like this, its back to the coachworks for the makers to rebuild the bits. thats why its gonan be so expensive to repair.

and a jag front on a morgan? ithink not. maybe graft a caterhams lamps into some bent steel btu a proper car front on a morgan would never work

Almost. ;) It only goes wrong if he has to resort to using a hammer.

Hammond's Morgan

Hammond's Morgan

According to Top Gear Dog's twitter page, the car was smashed at the front and ok at the back and Richard managed to drive it home. TG dog's twitter id is TopGearDog01 if anyone's interested.

According to Top Gear Dog's twitter page, the car was smashed at the front and ok at the back and Richard managed to drive it home. TG dog's twitter id is TopGearDog01 if anyone's interested.

And who do you think that twitter account goes to? We know it isn't Richard's.

Some random sod making shite up, for sure.

Sad and pathetic.

A rather mundane post on my part but I wonder how bad his insurance bill is every year.

Well, depends if he's told them he's a broadcaster or an after-dinner speaker...;)
Surely they can't count the Vampire crash as an "at fault" claim? Or indeed as a claim at all against Hamster, rather against its owner..

Well, depends if he's told them he's a broadcaster or an after-dinner speaker...;)
Surely they can't count the Vampire crash as an "at fault" claim? Or indeed as a claim at all against Hamster, rather against its owner..

I can't remember if it was in the book (think it was) or another interview but apparently they did call the insurance carrier after the big crash and it didn't "count." Gosh I wish I could remember where I read that! My mind is a sieve.

you never know with our Health & Safety dictatorship system... i wouldn't be surprised if they had.

I can't remember if it was in the book (think it was) or another interview but apparently they did call the insurance carrier after the big crash and it didn't "count." Gosh I wish I could remember where I read that! My mind is a sieve.

Hammond talked about it in his interview with Jonathan Ross. He said it didnt count b/c he wasn't driving it on a public road or something like that.

I would post the entire interview but i cant figure out how to imbed:)?). just look it up on youtube sry. its in 2 parts

Last edited:
Try like this:

[ YOUTUBE ] <Youtube code of the specific video> [ /YOUTUBE ]

easiest with the Youtube button in the forum's text editor. Go to the video on Youtube, copy the video code (a crypitic thing like "o1u2sh7sf3s4") from the address bar to the clipboard, make a post here, click the Youtube button, paste the video code inbetween the Youtube tags (as shown above).

Last edited:
Hammond talked about it in his interview with Jonathan Ross. He said it didnt count b/c he wasn't driving it on a public road or something like that.

I would post the entire interview but i cant figure out how to imbed:)?). just look it up on youtube sry. its in 2 parts

EDIT: The comment is found in the last minute of part 2 if you aren't interested in the whole interview.

Part 1
[YOUTUBE]Es8sqgkiedo[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]8cO02OBclDs[/YOUTUBE]

Apparently he no longer has any memory at all of this interview. There's a second interview with Ross 9 or so months later.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Zp0G9vNpA
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRHW0XIVMM

Last edited:
I'm kind of hoping Clarkson rips him a new one about this come november. And than promptly makes fun if him for his 110k pound purchase.

I'm feeling like by the time the new series starts in 5 months this will be such old news no one will care anymore, not even Jeremy.

Thats good to hear that he is alright. How long did he have the car for?

AFAIK in 10th season it was said that he'd been buying it, but I have no idea when he got one. This season was broadcasted at the end of 2007.

Last edited: