Hammond: Richard Hammond's Crash Course

Yeah, it was pretty good. Looking forward to next week. :thumbsup:

Very American. Lots of explaining and intros, outros, coming up etc. and over dramatic.

Then again, it was quite entertaining.

Entertaining and informative. I do agree that having advertisements in the middle of the show isn't all that great with all the "coming up" and junk, but it was still pretty good. It beats watching Kitchen Nightmares over and over.

I nearly died when I saw that Chevelle and Mustang get crushed. I knew they were junkers in the first place, but it was still horrifying.

I haven't given my review yet. I really enjoyed it! I'm a Hammond fan through and through, but even I can admit a lot of his programs are hit or miss. This one appears to be more on the side of 'hit', which is a relief. I think he really did enjoy himself filming this and that helps. Highlight for me? Exercising montage. Yeah, sorry - but it's the truth.

I'll pick the series up next week. I just couldn't watch this episode. Twenty-four years, and the words "Fort Bliss" still give me nightmares. To actually have to see the place again would probably trigger levels of PTSD in the "danger to yourself and others" category.

"Crash Course" coming soon to TV a screen near you (maybe):

The series premiered on BBC America in April. It is now due to air globally in August, on BBC Knowledge in South Africa, Poland, Italy, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand; BBC Entertainment in the Nordics, India, and Latin America; and BBC HD in Latin America and Brazil.
http://www.c21media.net/archives/82156

We've known for a while that a second season of Crash Course had been given the green light and that Richard would be in the States for most of July and August.
BBC America posted a press release today

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

The emphasis has changed somewhat and includes non-driving challenges. Still sounds like fun. According to the press release it will show in the US 'later in the year'.

Last edited:
He is certainly doing a variety of things for this series. He has (after another kidney stone removal at home) spent a week in New York learning how to be a Yellow Cab Driver, a Stand Up Comedian (he evidently did quite well according to tweets) and a Harlem Barber. He is now in LA learning how to wrangle snakes and in Texas to be a Rodeo clown. He also managed to get completely rat arsed on G&T's the night before BBCA's presentation of Crash Course at the 'Television Critics of America's' annual TV preview shindig courtesy of a few mates including TG cameraman Dan de Castro. He then moves to Hawaii to do we don't know what - but the educated guess would be surfing. He is in the US until the 1st Sept so goodness knows what else he is going to get up to.

The series was billed at the TCAs to be shown in October. Richard appears to be pushing himself hard to complete filming despite tweeting about being in pain from the after-effects of the kidney stone removal (as he suffered similarly in 2009).