Hammond: Richard's chat show not picked up

aaurora

Car(s)
Mazda
Richard has filmed the pilot of his chat show and Channel 4 have decided not to pick it up. I don't know where he gets the time to do everything, anyway.

C4 passes on Hamster show
Top Gear star Richard Hammond's career has suffered a dent.

Channel 4 has decided not to pick up a chatshow the "Hamster" recorded a pilot episode of. The chatshow was tipped to replace Richard And Judy's teatime show after they leave the channel in the autumn.

C4 is said to have decided it was too costly. A source told The Sun: "Richard had high hopes for the show."

http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertain...48f03390744e07/C4+passes+on+Hamster+show.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammond is funny on top gear, and i'm sure a class act in real life, but not everyone can be funny on a stupid talk show, in fact most are not.

No big tragedy.

In my sleep-deprived state I read that as the actual show being called "Hamster". Now that would've been great to see Jeremy as a guest on.

Good, he's doing enough already. Dare I say getting a bit greedy? Though I would be too in all fairness.

If Clarkson couldn't do a chat show, then why would Hammond be able to pull it off? He's definitely the least interesting and funny on TG.

Richard has been getting a little bit too much exposure since his crash.

IIRC, he started his career on the radio, right? A chat show is not something I would turn the radio on for, so no big loss :), but for him it's probably a setback. He needs something to do for when TopGear stops...
Stops? :cry:

If the Agent's advice would give me lots and lots of money I would do it aswell.
Don't forget that it's his chosen line of work and he depends on it.

However, milking his own near death experience for all it's worth seems very, dare I say, "American" to me. Meh, I guess the sun and other tabloids are also responsible for his rise to UK superstardom. I find him unsympathetic anyway, definately the weakest link in Top Gears lineup.

^ But opening supermarkets and parking garages and stuff like that? Maybe it provides a good source of income, but I'd slap my agent if he told me, at the height of my popularity, to do those things.

Maybe it's different in the UK, but over here the celebs aren't quite as willing to whore themselves out. Almost as bad, though.

I would have tried to watch his show, also I try to watch all the TG and FG presenters shows if I can; they are damn good at what they do even without 'bouncing off each other'.

Hammond is funny on top gear, and i'm sure a class act in real life, but not everyone can be funny on a stupid talk show, in fact most are not.

No big tragedy.

Indeed. Hammonds a great presenter, but the chat show format is lame-o.

Yeah, chat shows are RARELY any good, so it's not really that bad.

And you know, I could say he's getting too much exposure and everything, but that would make me a total hypocrite. I don't know about you guys, but if it was bringing money I'd do all those things too.

I'm a total sell-out. X)

i saw hammond on jonathan ross and he was very moving and funny, but i think that his own chat show would get boring after a while. he's not really a chat show person any more, his radio days are over. No one can blame him for wanting to makemore money though marketing and other things. Who wouldn't want to make more?

I :heart: :hamster: 4 EVA ! ! !

i saw hammond on jonathan ross and he was very moving and funny, but i think that his own chat show would get boring after a while. he's not really a chat show person any more, his radio days are over. No one can blame him for wanting to makemore money though marketing and other things. Who wouldn't want to make more?

I :heart: :hamster: 4 EVA ! ! !

Please grow up soon. We'll all be glad of it.

Since this is bumped, wouldn't Hammond's "golden handcuffs" deal with the Beeb now stop him making a chat show for C4, anyways?

^ Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Do you think they may have changed his contract a bit during the recent negotiations?

Not sure why Hammond is getting so much of a bashing on here??? I wouldn't say he was the weakest link ton Top Gear, he just brings a different style to the show and would be missed if he moved on IMO.

The guy clearly understands that Top gear will not run for ever and wants to try to spread his wings and have a go at different things. What's wrong with trying to secure his future in TV?? On saying that, chat show hosting is a tricky art form. Jezza failed at it and Channel 4 saw something they didn't like in Hamster. 99% of the US chat show hosts are equally as bad as Jonathan Ross so I understand it's not easy to break into that field. Only Michael Parkinson was able to do a half decent job of it, and that's because he got decent guests, did his research on them and didn't play the fool like Ross does.

Yes maybe he's milked his near death experience, or maybe he just wants to earn more money so he can make his life that little bit more enjoyable. I know I'd do the same if it was me.

Yeah I must say I am glad this failed...