Ownership Verified: rickhamilton620's sorta big red box! - 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Lol at custom plates....

So what are the plans for the XJ?

I was just thinking the same. When is it being forwarded to the next FG person that actually fixes it? :D

Selling it to you?

See above. :p

If it didn?t have the rust issues and leaks, I?d consider it as a part donor for my XJ, but alas it sounds almost as bad as mine.

I sold it for scrap. I needed it out of my driveway, the local yard was willing to pull it, consider the deal done.

It's bittersweet. Honestly I grew so attached to this car. If it was still made in 2002 and I could find a clean one with under 150k on the clock, it would have been my replacement.

No one daydreams about modding their Kia Forte (ok so maybe KDM bros do but w/e); I pictured me turning the XJ into something awesome and getting into the community more ohhhhh about everyday. I just needed more time and for it to not be my only car. I cut my teeth on more basic repairs on it than any other car I've had, I was emotionally invested.

Of course, that was before I found out the floorpan was made of compressed rust powder.

I will get another XJ. It's going to happen, preferably in a couple years.