Right to bear arms - Yah or nay

Right to bear arms - Yah or nay

• Total voters
Pennsylvania's State Constitution makes this clear.

That's pretty literal. But it doesn't seem to make room for any kind of "light" control laws like background checks or concealed carry licenses. Can anyone in Pennsylvania just go buy a gun whenever they want with no checks?

So why do you need a gun? Just run'em down for heaven's sake.

:p

The population should be restricted from owning firearms. Even if an individual would meet high requirements set by government regulatory bodies. All physical and psychological tests or examinations can only show the current state of a person; however their state may change in the future.

Shit, Bob could be driving home from the gun dealership (he has been told by the media that his neighborhood is a pretty scary place, thus he bought a gun to protect his family) only to find his wife fucking the pool boy. Now somehow he goes bananas and shoots his wife, even though he would later state he loved her so much. His current state of mind influenced his actions and decisions. One might argue that Bob would have been equally angry without the newly purchased gun, but it would have been a different outcome if he chased her round the pool with a broom.

There are more studies to be carried out in order to gain further empirical data concerning the issue; examining the correlation between gun ownership and murder or suicide rates, there are some very conflictive ones out there that are flawed in their investigation techniques/methods. It?s very hard to isolate the variables from other social and environmental factors.

I do believe you should have the right to shoot a firearm, after all that?s just awesome, but within a controlled area and under supervision. As a kid me and my mates used to have an arsenal of BB guns with which we use to shoot each other, great fun.

Deep down I believe it?s probably for the best that no one should have guns. If there are no guns around people can?t shoot themselves. Even though there are responsible gun owners for a lifetime out there.

Perhaps In a ?good? Society (whatever that is) people wouldn?t resort to gun related crime as often (be assured some still will).

It?s the same thing with the ?War on Drugs? you don?t win by putting drug dealers in prison and destroying plantations. You are just fighting the symptom there, not the root cause, there is a demand for these substances, people resort to them, we should attempt to fix that instead.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/luca/2010/02/07/1265395899001.png

Too bad there is no ammendment on narcotics. As much as I loathe the stuff, I do think it's up to the individual to chose wether or not to use it, and the war on drugs has made as much progress as my campaign for better pay from my paper.

Ain't gonna happen.

PS: Vote Vinick in the 2012 republican primaries.

This may be taken as Trolling....sorry I'm not....

The idea of someone having a gun, simply for the purpose of making the government afraid, having the ability to form a local informal militia is a outdated concept. As outdated as running at a tank with a sword. It may have even worked as late as the 70's, but not now.

(Nomix was spot on!)

Why?

Look at recent history. Look at the effect that the IED has had on warfare. Have a look at the casualty reports from Iraq and Afghanistan.

People are going to have to accept that if the s**t really hit the fan, the dumb twit running around (or even sniping) with a gun is going to be the first guy to get knocked off. End of.

If you want a example of this technology, have a look at the AH-64....the RAF have been going after individual gunmen hiding in puddles to hide their IR signature with their helmet mounted 30mm cannon thingo....

Hell look in a modern car and look at all the goodies I suppose you could make a IED out of ;) ...as the Iraqi's and Afghans have proved its not rocket science. Asymmetric warfare.

You Americans like to go on about your revolution, but it cannot be compared to a modern day event. It seems almost to be a un-naturally
"clean" revolt.

I'd actually kinda like for the Texans to have a go in the same style....hell it would make great TV anyway when the US Army comes in....or you send the Mexicans in to take them down demographically (that will take 30 years tho)

Back on topic anyway...

If your into guns for sport shooting, hunting or your a collector. Hell why not. I'd love a AK47.

If to want it to stop/protect the government and your not in the forces etc....bugger off.

(Oh and there is a huuuuuge topic on the attitude to violence, guns already in society etc and different societies)

Oh and I suppose if you want something for home, what about a big air compressor and CV joint ball bearings? :rolleyes: