Ownership Verified: "Riley" - 2012 Volkswagen Golf R

Lovely, I like the fake CLS CC. Although, why can't you daily the Golf? Isn't that the whole point of an R? Seems like an expensive way to keep scratches off it :p

Lovely, I like the fake CLS CC. Although, why can't you daily the Golf? Isn't that the whole point of an R? Seems like an expensive way to keep scratches off it :p

The R could certainly be a daily, and it is for most people, but mine is more special to me. With the Rs exclusive/limited nature, the amount of modifications that I've put into it and the fact that I very often take it to shows and track days, it's like my little version of a weekend sports car.. only in hatchback form.

Plus, I enjoy a nice, comfy 4-door semi-luxury car for highway cruising and such. This car will ride better due to stock suspension, carry more people and cargo, be more quiet, not have squeaky track brakes, not have noisy tires that don't work in ice, and hopefully require less maintenance due to lack of mods. Might seem silly to some but that's how I'm choosing to go with it.

The R will be here for a long time.. The only thing that could make me get rid of it would be a reasonably priced Audi RS car with good modification capabilities (I'm looking at you, MQB RS3... you know you want to.).

3.6 VR6 + DSG + 4Motion?

Nah, if I specced it out that way it was in the mid 40,000 range.. for that price I'd look at Audi. In the US, the R-Line is the 2.0T with DSG, an appearance package, 18" wheels, flappy paddles and some other accessories.

Last edited: