'Ring: 1, VXR: 0

GT - R

FinalGear Forza 3 Time Attack Winner
Car(s)
Skyline GTR (Someday)
TopGear.co.uk said:
The Astra VXR is mad. Officially mad. Certifiably mad. Take it too fast around a corner and it will happily show you what ?tree' tastes like.

This chap took his 240bhp Astra VXR ?Nurburgring Edition' to its namesake track and - after admitting driving too fast into the corner - promptly stacked his pride and joy into the safety barriers.

Needless to say the VXR was a write off. Thankfully, nobody was seriously injured. But let this be a lesson dear readers: VXRs are mad, and the ?Ring is a cruel mistress...

In " http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/astra-vxr-ring-crash-2010-05-19 "

P.S - New reply system has a mind of it?s own...

Last edited:
That's not gone well has it?

Poor guy, I can only imagine the sarcastic abuse he's getting now from friends/family/everyone.

Hey kids, it's time for the Word of the Day! Today's word is irony.

Word of the Day is brought to you by the new 240bhp Astra VXR ?Nurburgring Edition'

Last edited:
Love the horn, just imagined it going "I craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashed!"

His post on VXRONLINE.CO.UK

cheers again guys for the love,haha. frikin neck is playin up today! but hey what du expect! erm a cuple of answers to burnin questions...... 1) it was only my 2nd lap. 2) didnt check tyre for pressure. 3) i wud have been orderin nu tyres after.4) awaitin invoice from the ring. 5) phonin insurance tomoz for them to laff at me! 6) i think i left the track at approx 85mph

shud collect car on monday,im guna cry wen i get her bk!!!!!!"

-
DARCHVXR

He spells just like he corners.

I agree with whoever said the VXR not mad. A mad FWD would have snap oversteered when he realized he's going in too fast and lifted* and he would have hit the tree with the back.

*I'm assuming he has survival instincts and did lift.

Is it a coincidence that at the exact moment the car hit the wall an ad popped up for the "All New Toyota Rukus"?

i hope he posts the invoice he gets from the ring, i think that's an invoice that will make you swallow a few times...

This was the post from VXROnline that was posted on our owners club:

i thank most of u who are concerned about the well being of all involved in the crash, it was indeed me, i was driving my car on the ring,as u can see in the video i was entering the corner to fast so driver error is to blame.i got airlifted as precaution as they suspected a broken neck,even tho i walked out they sed shock could hav made the body respond with panick! however,im fine,cuple scratches on my head,bits of glass decided to move into my skin,n a savage case of whiplash. my friends are also fine,alex has whiplash to.

car is as u can see a write off, shes in a bad state, im awaitin a date to be able to collect her. its 300kms from me.

I received my first invoice yesterday from the ring.

70 safety car deployment,
232 for four personnel,
63 for something,
25 admin fee,
= 390 euros from the ring.

this doesnt have track closure and damage,that will be on the next invoice from nett-metallbau.de

the next invoice will be the big one, as its something like 2500 euros per hour the ring is closed.

i know that its 1350 per hour its shut, im wondering if they will charge extra shutting time when they fix/change any damaged armco,hmmmmmm