No 56k: Ringmeet 2011 - What could possibly go wrong? (Dump all your pics & videos here)

Meh. It wasn't a "French POS" like the C3 Picasso, but it was F/F and understeery. It did its job, yes, but it's wrong wheel drive and doesn't have enough rotation to make up for that (like a Mini has/can have).

Give me a good French car, not a passable one!

I think your car was set up to be safe... both of the RSR cars I've driven could definitely oversteer.

I ended up with a little under 100 photos to post from the weekend... and another 200 photos from the other parts of my trip around Europe. You can view them all on facebook (has descriptions for the non-Ringmeet photos) or on my own gallery site (large resolutions available there). I spent most of a day at the Normandy landings in France.. lots of pics from there. I also stopped by Le Mans... photos below.

I'll post up some of the ringmeet photos here...
DSC_9264.jpg

DSC_9268.jpg

DSC_9271.jpg

DSC_9273.jpg

DSC_9274.jpg

DSC_9277.jpg

DSC_9283.jpg

DSC_9294.jpg

DSC_9319.jpg

DSC_9327.jpg

DSC_9333.jpg

DSC_9320.jpg

DSC_9318.jpg

DSC_9316.jpg

DSC_9313.jpg

DSC_9314.jpg

DSC_9310.jpg

DSC_9303.jpg

DSC_9299.jpg

DSC_9298.jpg

DSC_9341.jpg

DSC_9346.jpg

DSC_9343.jpg

DSC_9347.jpg

DSC_9352.jpg

DSC_9359.jpg

DSC_9364.jpg

DSC_9366.jpg

DSC_9369.jpg

DSC_9373.jpg

DSC_9376.jpg

DSC_9387.jpg

DSC_9388.jpg

DSC_9392.jpg

DSC_9393.jpg

DSC_9397.jpg

DSC_9401.jpg

DSC_9403.jpg

DSC_9404.jpg

DSC_9405.jpg

DSC_9406.jpg

DSC_9407.jpg

DSC_9408.jpg

DSC_9412.jpg

DSC_9413.jpg

DSC_9419.jpg

DSC_9421.jpg

DSC_9422.jpg

DSC_9423.jpg

the Ring was awesome.. of course. I drove 8 laps in the Clio Sport.. fastest time ended up being 10:03 on a still partially wet track, with some traffic (had to slow down for a yellow flag). I got faster with each lap.. was a good feeling. I was an idiot and didn't stop to get my extra flash card for the camera, so my only video is of the first full lap, where I was driving slow, tires were cold, etc., and of part of the second lap with h-p as a passenger. Oh well. I did give rides for the last 7 of my 8 laps, so I hope everyone who got a ride enjoyed it. I don't even remember who all got rides, besides h-p, Adrian, Adunaphel, and Suedschleife (that's 5 of the laps (adu twice), so two more people got a ride from me). I love that Clio..

As for the meet itself.. everyone was great. I really enjoyed meeting everyone.. even the super quiet Finns. :D It was a pretty epic time.. especially the good times had late on Saturday night (I think we all finally went to bed at about 3am).

Huge thanks to Ice for providing a tent, and to Adu for providing a sleeping pad, sleeping bag, and pillow.. and for letting me stay at his place on Sunday night, and for helping me out with the prepaid SIMs I bought on Monday.. and to Suedschleife for letting me borrow his TomTom, which was a real life saver for me since none of my other navi plans worked out.

The only way I'll be able to make it to this event any time in the near future (next few years) is if I start making a lot more money. I probably put nearly $4000 into this trip, and that's with me skimping a lot on costs elsewhere.

Also of note.. I stayed one night in Le Mans, France, and drove all of the public roads used for the 24 hour circuit. Here's a few photos from that...
DSC_9768.jpg

DSC_9773.jpg

end of the Mulsanne straight..
DSC_9775.jpg

looking back up the Mulsanne straight
DSC_9776.jpg

between Mulsanne and Indianapolis
DSC_9777.jpg

going into Indianapolis
DSC_9779.jpg

Indianapolis.. the only turn used that is an actual public road. Every other turn is blocked off.
DSC_9780.jpg

between Arnage and Porsche Curve
DSC_9782.jpg

where the track veers off onto the permanent circuit, at Porsche Curve
DSC_9783.jpg

under the track around Maison Blanche
DSC_9784.jpg

driving along outside the permanent part of the circuit
DSC_9785.jpg

DSC_9786.jpg

DSC_9789.jpg

DSC_9790.jpg

DSC_9791.jpg

DSC_9792.jpg

:lol: Nugget's car was there anyway!

What was with the tiny little chair with the face on it?

We (or at least I) have no f... idea. It somehow appeared out of nowhere, nobody claimed ownership afterwards. And afaik we left it there. I think this mystery will never be solved!!! :D

I thought it belonged to someone, so I didn't bother. But I could have taken it with me and would have brought it to the next meet. For the next guy missing the group-picture :mrgreen:

For those pics you have to thank Kip. I was getting the tripod for the group picture and ask him to watch my camera for a minute. Afterwards he just told me, he took "some awesome pictures". :D

just watched the video of my first lap around the Ring... so boring. I don't know if I can even bear showing it to others :D

considering I ran under 10 minutes on my last lap, and this one is about 12:03.. I'd rather not :D

I think your car was set up to be safe... both of the RSR cars I've driven could definitely oversteer.
The car was capable of oversteer, but it had an understeery bias. That doesn't mean "it can't oversteer". But it had the kind of bias that FWD cars tend to have. Not all FWD chassis can be tuned to have the kind of balance I prefer (in fact, most of them can't, just because of limitations of a F/F layouts).