No 56k: Ringmeet 2011 - What could possibly go wrong? (Dump all your pics & videos here)

citylooter1.jpg

citylooter3.jpg

citylooter4.jpg

I feel it's worth mentioning here...

after being overtaken on the Autobahn many times by black BMW wagons of various age and model... I wish I had one here :D

the e39 touring was only available as a 528i or 540i.. I'd take either at this point. I wish we had more options here...
I'm not sure I could justify having two black German wagons though :p

My parents used to have an E39 540i. Although it was a brilliant car, it lacked torque and was rather crosswind sensitive.

My parents used to have an E39 540i. Although it was a brilliant car, it lacked torque and was rather crosswind sensitive.

I love the e39.. but I think all of the BMW wagons look good. Seeing the e46, e39, e60, f11, and e91 all look pretty awesome as a wagon. We never got the e30 or e36 touring in the US.

wagons don't stay for sale long in my area.. they're always in high demand, and not many were sold when new. So, searching for an e39 540i Touring (for example) brings up maybe 2 - 3 cars in my area, all at way over $5k, if not closer to $8k or even $10k. It's a little out of my price range :D

most of the bmw wagons we got in the US were rather underpowered anyway... like the e46 323i :(

I just really fell in love with seeing those cars in Germany.

You could have said something. After all, I brought a 535d Touring to the ringmeet.

I was surprised nobody asked for a test drive in that in the first place. No big deal for me, since I always add an unnamed second driver to the rental contract, just in case something's happening to me...

Last edited:
You could have said something. After all, I brought a 535d Touring to the ringmeet.

I was surprised nobody asked for a test drive in that in the first place. No big deal for me, since I always add an unnamed second driver to the rental contract, just in case something's happening to me...

oh how I wish we had those here... it's just about the perfect car for me :D

In that case, thomas had probably made sure something "happened" to you so he could drive it all the time :p

You did? :blink:

When? How? Why? Who?

Sorry, man :(

Either I didn't hear it or didn't get the hint(s). I'm terrible with hints. Basically you have to hit me with a hammer over the head, before I get a hint (preferrably a rubber mallet). Make a note for next year about that.

Now that you mentioned it, I remember you saying something about switching the rentals on Friday, when we talked about the Audi. But didn't really give it much thought. Absolutely no memory of you saying something after dinner on Saturday, though. Hopefully next year I won't be so thick-headed and less beside myself.

And if it still doesn't work, use the hammer.

Well, yes but...

I didn't say that with the intention of letting no one else drive. I have only said that to make clear, that I'd have to take my car to the Ring and not jump in with somebody else.

As long as you wouldn't have driven the way you chased me through the Eifel on our scenic drive, I would have survived it :p

Jeez... I really hope I didn't leave anyone devastated for not letting them drive :( I feel really bad now.

Last edited:
Don't. If somebody would really have wanted it, he'd come to you and asked point blank.

Don't sweat it MacGuffin.

And what do you mean, chase? It wasn't my fault you hit the brakes for every corner! :D Oh, that was probably because on the straights you were faster... ;)