No 56k: Ringmeet 2011 - What could possibly go wrong? (Dump all your pics & videos here)

In a Citroen, 184 km/h must indeed be a bit scary :D

I did 175 in a Renault Kangoo once......not the "sophisticated" one, but the load optimized one, without any roof lining or carpets in back. Now THAT, that was scary. As well, 170 in a Twingo. :p

I did 210 (~200-205 according to GPS) in my MX5 with huge amount of stuff in it in a huge downhill somewhere south of G?ttingen. It was also a bit bumpy and couple of times I found myself on the other side of my lane after small bump. It was stupid, but also my last change to vmax the thing before going back to Finland. Sensation of speed is just so much higher when you're sitting pretty low.

But the adrenaline rush you get when you push the car to it's very last km/h <3

I left Dave's at 1am and got home (120 miles away) at 6 5am. What? :| I took an hour out to stop me crashing, 5 4 hours is good. I actually hit 65mph. :lol:

So it took you 4 times as long for a slightly smaller distance? :)

I love the autobahn :) Especially when I?m trying to get home quickly.

In a Citroen, 184 km/h must indeed be a bit scary :D
I hit 200 km/h in my sisters C8 once ... wich is close to the top speed of 203km/h ... and that was rather unproblematic. Didn?t feel as safe and planted as a Audi A4 or VW Passat (the only other two cars I ever hit 200 with), but not bad.

Last edited:
Even on the Autobahn, I doubt his Series 3 would do more than 65mph :)

It wouldn't, the wheels start to shake above 65. :lol: The wheels are balanced too, the vibration of everything else sets them off.

Last edited:
Nugget tells me it was scary... Well, "Not confidence inspiring." for me it was a bit funny and a bit sad. The engine was definitely the weakest link. The car was fairly stable and didn't feel light(er) in a way that concerned me. It was quite similar to the top speed in my old Camry (which was about the same speed). It wasn't thrilling - it wasn't unstable enough for that. It was comical. :)

At 1:44, is it the Croatians? (FUCKING iPHONE USERS LRN2LANDSCAPE)

The Perkelewagon!

First lap ever, being slow is a sign of intelligence. :)

Well, I was going relatively slowly, until my Focus decided it was enough and just wanted to cruise to the end.
Igor's lap was more cautious, it wasn't his car after all!

Anyway, I'm definitely coming back at some point! Maybe put the bike on a trailer, or come witht the bike all the way up, we'll see. :)

Loads of bumps
No runoff
Traffic
Personal overestimation

Speaking of "what could possibly go wrong": DaBoom's waterpump seized somewhere in South Germany :/

Where in south germany? If he?s anywhere near Heilbronn I know where he can get a spare. :)